General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ellis Thompson 1899-1987 Family Photos

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trishm

Trishm Report 21 Oct 2019 22:03

I have photos of Ellis Thompson and his family and would like to pass them to any descendant that might be interested in them.

Ellis married Ethel Barbara Davidson but they did not have any children. I’ve tried contacting a few people but none have been connected.

If anyone has suggestions as to how to find family relatives please let me know

Von

Von Report 21 Oct 2019 22:19

There are lots of family photos in genealogy groups online. See if there is a group

which covers the area in which they lived and then post the photos.

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Oct 2019 22:22

You will have to try working forward from the 1901 census and see if any of his or her siblings married and had children?

You could also add a 'postem' note to their marriage and births on freebmd with a contact email, saying you have photos of the couple.

Trishm

Trishm Report 21 Oct 2019 22:52

Thank you for the suggestions I will try them. It seems such a shame to just throw the photos away and I know I’d be delighted if someone offered me photos of my ancestors :-)