General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hedgehogs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Oct 2019 07:55

This week out of the blue I have two hedgehogs wandering around on the patio

They must have climbed down onto the top of the tortoise house from the side of the sunken pond and then into the patio which is a sunken patio cos the garden slopes upwards

I thought they had gone but have realised they are bedding in Harold the tortoise house under the hay in there

Harold is settling down to hibernate but I can’t close him down with them in with him

I have put some meat catfood out which I have seen one tucking into and with all the rain am hoping they have found some juicy slugs that I get plagued with

Now I,m not sure what to do now

Should I provide them with some shelter but not in with Harold .,or try to catch them and put up onto the next tier of the garden so they can wander off

They are cute but don’t want them to be at risk if I don’t do something :-(

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Oct 2019 08:04

I'd phone the nearest Wildlife trust and ask their advice.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Oct 2019 16:13

I know someone that makes hedgehog houses.....