General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Difficulty with Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 2 Nov 2019 21:49

Anyone else having problems getting into a Ancestry tonight?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Nov 2019 21:51

They have notified us that they are having intermittent trouble with their service Shelley.

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 2 Nov 2019 22:20

LaGooner many thanks

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Nov 2019 22:21

My pleasure to be of help

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Nov 2019 23:44

Looking at census pages and gro lists are very awkward too
They are very out of focus in a lot of instances

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 3 Nov 2019 12:38

If you get the error message "intermittent trouble with their service " just pressing F5 refresh a couple of times will usually fix it. On a bad night the message can be quite frequent - try and avoid peak times US east and west coast.

The GRO images on freebmd are for the most part sharper and clearer than those on Ancestry. If an image is especially poor copy n paste/save to file and then use an image editor such as IrfanView which will usually improve resolution a whole lot.

The UK internet as a whole is in dire straits. Other than VirginMedia users few people have a connection of 80Mbps or better. Even HM Courts Service is regulary crashing with timeouts.

A quick n easy free way to improve yr internet speed and reduce timeouts is to use google DNS or FreeDNS instead of that of your ISP. There are loads of howtodothis sites on the web.