General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Banned!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 9 Nov 2019 21:06

We were recently given four chooks (hens) by a friend of OH's who had been 'politely requested' by the Council to depopulate the number of chooks on her property as the number marginally exceeded the maximum allowed.

I say marginally, but it could have been in the vicinity of thirty and included a roster, a big no-no in urban areas.

Anyway, this tail is not about dictatorial Councils, but rather dictatorial spouses :-|

A couple of weeks ago on a Saturday (October 19th) I attended a Masonic Installation at one of our neighbouring Lodges in Collie.

On my return OH told me that one of the chooks had shuffled off her mortal coil. Bravely OH had buried it.

Yesterday, Saturday, I attended an informal meeting at our local Lodge Room in Bunbury with the Grand Master of the WA Constitution who was in town for a formal charity dinner later in the evening.

I arrived back home mid-afternoon to the stony stare of OH who promptly informed me that I am now formally banned from ever again attending any Masonic function on a Saturday :-0

Yes, another chook had karked it :-S

So we are now down to two, and I do hope that the two surviving (so far) chooks are the ones that have been laying the eggs otherwise my life is going to be more miserable than usual ;-)

:-D :-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 9 Nov 2019 21:17

Is your OH running a chook raffle without your knowledge, Allan? :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 9 Nov 2019 21:35

Well I suppose that the surviving chooks are in some form of lottery :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Nov 2019 00:30

Did they give you their eldest chooks?