General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Prince Andrew in the mire again.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dermot

Dermot Report 29 Nov 2019 14:52

Silence, deployed correctly, can speak volumes.

Linda

Linda Report 29 Nov 2019 20:00

I think he should drop out of royal duties altogether I'm a big fan of the royals but I like the idea that Prince Charles has when he becomes king a very slimmed down royal family, i don't think that will suit Prince Andrew but it will give him more time to play golf. I feel sorry for the Queen, so saying it will be interesting to watch this interview on Monday

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 29 Nov 2019 20:48

Randy Andy
Has got himself to blame for the mess he is in
I have never been fond of him
And think far worse is yet to come out

I feel sorry for his Daughters :-( :-(

Dermot

Dermot Report 2 Dec 2019 15:45

Panorama: The Prince and the Epstein Scandal.
BBC ONE tonight at 8:30pm.

As Prince Andrew steps back from his public duties, Panorama hears from the victims of his former friend and convicted child sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein.

One of these women, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, claims she was trafficked by Epstein and forced to have sex with the prince, something he denies.

In her first interview on British television, she tells her story and reveals new details about her time with Epstein.

Reporter Darragh MacIntyre also looks at another of the duke’s friends, Ghislaine Maxwell, and investigates her alleged role in Epstein’s prolific sex offending.

Island

Island Report 2 Dec 2019 15:58

Who would you cast as leads in the film Dermot - as you seem so interested. :-)

Linda

Linda Report 2 Dec 2019 16:55

Always good to hear both sides of the story although I feel who might come out on top as I have said before I feel very sorry for the Queen

Dermot

Dermot Report 2 Dec 2019 19:09

Island - my late mum was a Royal Family addict since her first son, my eldest brother, was born within days of Prince Charles.

She often compared the circumstances of rearing my brother with that of Prince Charles. No comparison really - but there was no harm in her dreaming.

There are loads of fine professional actors in the UK to undertake the lead roles. In fact, one or two might do a better job than the Royals themselves.

History often records the tragedy of success brought low by pride. I hope this evening's TV programme goes gently.

Island

Island Report 2 Dec 2019 20:14

Oh your dear mum Dermot, you've got to have a dream.
My late m.i.l. felt on par with royalty when the 3rd of her four children divorced ;-) :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 2 Dec 2019 20:15

I don’t know why they say such things, surely they know they won’t win.

Dermot

Dermot Report 3 Dec 2019 07:31

Panorama - awfully embarrassing. :-0

PiersfromKent

PiersfromKent Report 3 Dec 2019 09:20

A very strange state of affairs :-0

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Dec 2019 09:32

Andrew should now understand that, if you keep your trap shut, it will blow over in the end.

Allan

Allan Report 3 Dec 2019 09:47

Too late now, Sharron.

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Dec 2019 10:08

This time.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 3 Dec 2019 15:28

Well-he says he was not there,bit difficult for him to find anyone to support him,they would be admitting they were there :-0!!

Dermot

Dermot Report 3 Dec 2019 15:38

As reliable as a Jeremy Kyle lie detector test.

The great reporter Claud Cockburn put it well: ‘Never believe anything until it’s officially denied’.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 3 Dec 2019 15:40

It is not believable that anybody with normal vision could be in Tramps and not notice the long bar. I accept that the price of drinks is unbelievable but not a problem if somebody else is picking up the tab or you can get it onto expenses.

There was once a time when only a couple of heartbeats separated Andrew from the throne. That's the trouble with monarchy it is risky, difficult to reverse a poor bet and incompatible with democracy.

Dermot

Dermot Report 3 Dec 2019 15:59

Just to get my simple mind away from worrying about this illustrious family conundrum & that other exhausting topic known as Brexit, I have today started reading 'A Short History of the English People' by John Richard Green - published by Macmillan & Co (London) in 1885.

It will surely take me a little while to complete the task of reading 818 pages tightly packed to the brim with what appears to be unlike any other history book I have ever previously seen, covering the period from 449 to 1874.

Hope my eyesight & sanity prevail in equal measures.

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Dec 2019 16:02

If it is written by a Green it is going to be top quality and totally gripping (if you leave out all the dull bits!).

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Dec 2019 11:03

Prince Charles having a showdown with Andrew he needs to look in his back yard. They maybe of Royal Birth only humans like the rest of us The Queen is so dignified a shame all this is now in the open true or no .at least Harry is being left alone just now .what will the media do when this Story ends. Forgot condensing down Charles .William .Harry Ann .Edward & their family's that should be it sell some properties give back to the Country for us loyal subjects ;-)