General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Literacy Skills.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dermot

Dermot Report 30 Nov 2019 07:04

Boris Johnson's father has accused the British public of being unable to spell "Pinocchio" after his son was accused of being like the famed puppet.

Kense

Kense Report 30 Nov 2019 08:30

That's a damming indictment!

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 30 Nov 2019 08:41

Dermot, are you having us on cos I didn't think he was a helicopter father? Why doesn't he let his son fight his own battles? He's old enough to do so.

(And, anyway, BoJo does remind me of Pinnoch xxx, Pinocchio xxx ..... )

You know who I mean. :-D

Allan

Allan Report 30 Nov 2019 09:48

Was his nose always that large?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Nov 2019 10:35

I suspect Boris twishes his father would let him fight his own battles.

Linda

Linda Report 30 Nov 2019 17:05

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 30 Nov 2019 17:08

HE doesn't have much to crow about!!!

with his background, the glaring errors he and his companion made whilst on celebrity Hunted!!! were diabolical!!!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Nov 2019 23:32

I suspect Johnson and his daddy don't think we plebs can tell the truth from lies, either. They fail to understand that most of us have much higher standards than them!

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Dec 2019 08:35

Boris's favourite song: Gonna wash that man right out of my hair ... :-D

Maggie, I agree entirely with your 30 November 23:32 post.

What was that about parents setting examples or like father, like son?

Kense

Kense Report 1 Dec 2019 19:43

In the spirit of the thread title, I see that the Apostrophe Society is throwing in the towel.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/apostrophe-society-shuts-down-because-ignorance-has-won-a4301391.html

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Dec 2019 07:43

Its such a shame, Kense :-(

Ive no idea why theyre so downhearted :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 2 Dec 2019 10:30

As Pudsy Ryan might say:- It’s not how we spell it or what we call it that matters.

It’s the fact that people are alive to the needs of one another and willing to make sacrifice for them.