General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GLAD OLD YEAR IS ENDING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 2 Dec 2019 12:38

So glad this year is coming to a end I think it's been one of the worst years for us as a family first of all we lost our last aunt in nov 2018 she was a aunt by marriage but she was the best this might sound funny from a great granny but wonderful times with her when we were children and then when we had children they loved her as much as us, then at the beginning of the year we lost two cousins and we found out mum had secondary cancer we didn't tell her I thought it best and brother and sister agreed so did her doctor all the family nursed her and we lost her in july I keep telling myself I'm lucky to have have had her so long as I'm 70 next year and she would have been 97 on christmas day. Sorry I've gone on

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 Dec 2019 13:01

It's hard to lose your Mum at any age bless her mine was only 62 died 1982 .miss her so much you have your memories & photos as we all do count your blessings look after yourself and family you will never forget members who have passed hold them in your heart :-) my Aunty died Christmas Day 3 years ago late Dads sister she was 92 .x

Linda

Linda Report 2 Dec 2019 13:33

Thank you Barbra one thing I will say about mum she had a wonderful sence of humour the day before my birthday we were watching tele when out of the blew she said you know you're adopted I said is my brother no is my sister no but you are and I'm not telling you who your mother is of course I know I'm not but that was mum she did not keep old photo either so have not got many old family photos

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 2 Dec 2019 18:24

Linda, so sorry for your loss. Mums are very special. We have been to 6 funerals this year, family and friends. The last one was a very dear friend and we were so close. To top it all our bleddy roof is leaking AGAIN.
Just cant seem to win.
I hope 2020 is better for us both. <3

Linda

Linda Report 2 Dec 2019 22:59

So sorry to hear that AnnMarie I went to very funerals bar one, I so hope you have a happy 2020 my friends boiler had a leak so last I washed and dried a lot of hthejr towels for them so life goes on and I am trying to keep busy that's all we can do <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 3 Dec 2019 11:02

Think we all have times like that when the world goes upside down. My OH's mother died suddenly and as we got over that my very ill father died. Our surviving parents lived for many more years then OH's father became very ill and died followed by the sudden death of my mother.

It seemed so odd to happen like that, our parents lived miles away from each other and only met about half a dozen times.

You were lucky to have her so long, that's what you should concentrate on. Hope next year is a good year for you, your family and friends. <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 3 Dec 2019 14:15

I'm so very sorry to read this Linda.

It doesn't matter how old you are, or what great age they live to, when it's your loved ones that have passed. It's always so painful and sad.

Thinking of you and your family <3