General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

"Elizabeth is Missing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 4 Dec 2019 19:27

On BBC 1 this Sunday at 9.pm.

I loved the book, looking forward to this on Sunday. Glenda Jackson is in it.

Hope that it is as good as the book and that it has been adapted well. Have always enjoyed the performances of Glenda Jackson.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Dec 2019 22:05

I did like the book but not sure I want to see the play some of it could be quite disturbing I think.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 4 Dec 2019 22:19

Thanks for the reminder. I enjoyed the book too and hope the adaptation does it justice.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 6 Dec 2019 22:24

I remember that when I read the book I was longing to give the Glenad Jackson character a helping hand, and a shoulder to lean on.

Was than left wondering if someone was actually this and we just didn't get to hear about it.

I agree Ann, it might be quite disturbing in parts. I shall be recording it, then I can pause, go for a nice cuppa, take a deep breathe, and start watching again.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 7 Dec 2019 20:02

I will be watching :-) :-)

Giving it a nudge up the page :-)

Mary

Mary Report 9 Dec 2019 09:43

Very touching,emotional and worrying.
My sister was diagnosed last year with dementia,so sad.

Maryb

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Dec 2019 10:02

Was really good Glenda Jackson was superb in the role sorry about your Sister Mary x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Dec 2019 15:24

Superb acting by Glenda Jackson. I found it a bit confusing but I'm sure it was meant to be and probably how life is for dementia sufferers.

Kath. x

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 9 Dec 2019 15:27

I think you are correct Kath...it was well written and Glenda Jackson was a joy to watch :-)

Mary <3 <3

Von

Von Report 9 Dec 2019 17:49

I watched it too and thought it was a very good production.

I was totally confused though ;-)

Mary <3 <3

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 9 Dec 2019 18:40

I thought it was great but I was glad I had already read the book which had more of the back story of Sukey, Frank and the old lady, so I wasn't so confused.

My father had dementia and I thought the portrayal of the daughter was excellent.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Dec 2019 02:42

Somehow I managed to miss it but I am sure I read the book a while back.

Hopefully it will be repeated soon

Lizx

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 11 Dec 2019 11:12

I read the book because it was recommended on the Greaders group (run by Ann).
Have to go as got visitor.!