General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christmas Birthday

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 23 Dec 2019 07:26

On Christmas Day it would have been my mums 97th birthday but we lost her in July she had a great sense of humour right up to the end and I would put her birthday on here most years and she loved to read the best wishes. I count myself lucky to have had her as long as I did two of her children where retired and the third had just a few more years to go Christmas is going to very strange this year

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 23 Dec 2019 21:16

Lots of lovely memories though Linda <3 <3 <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Dec 2019 21:48

The first anniversary for all times are the worse to get through

Events like the first Christmas.their birthday , a wedding anniversary etc are sad times as we think about them and mourn that they aren’t here

I found it helped to think they were so poorly that I wouldn’t want them to be still suffering and they are now at peace

It never goes away but knowing that they had a great life and made a good age is a comfort and keeps them close in your heart

Your mum and all the memory’s you made will always be with you

<3 <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Dec 2019 04:16

Linda,

Your Mum will be with you all as you talk about happy memories and feel the love together. You could start a new tradition/memory for each Christmas to come, say buy a card and everyone write a message/memory in it. Next year do the same and read out the previous year's memories.

Your Mum will know.

Lizxx

Linda

Linda Report 24 Dec 2019 15:09

The day before my last birthday I had come come down to see her and we were watching tv and she turned to me and out of the blue said you know your adopted don’t you ( I know I’m not ) I said is my brother no is my sister no but you are and I’m not telling you who your mother is on my birthday she was telling all the cares I was 70 which was a lie in the end I said if you don’t stop I’m going to roll you up and use as a football we so laughter very funny lady

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 24 Dec 2019 18:30

<3 <3 <3

Elizabeth, EOS
xx