General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bovril

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jan 2020 22:59

As you know, I have been a veggie since Adam was a lad but I do remember that I always preferred Bovril to Marmite.

When the Foot and Mouth outbreak happened nearly twenty years ago, Bovril made a vegetarian version so I know they have the knowledge to make the product.

I do hope that, now the vegan lobby is so strong, they will start to make it again.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jan 2020 23:24

They'd have a bigger market (halal/kosher countries etc)

I prefer Marmite.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Jan 2020 23:37

I prefer Vegemite to Marmite, have you tried it Sharron :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jan 2020 23:40

I don't like Vegemite.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Jan 2020 23:45

An acquired taste methinks :-D. The health food shops used to sell vegan Bovril when I used to go in for daughter's supplies but seeing as she 'outgrew' veganism' it I haven't been recently

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jan 2020 23:59

How long ago was that?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Jan 2020 13:28

A good few Sharron possibly about 8

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jan 2020 13:49

That must have been the last of the F&M Bovril.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Jan 2020 14:05

Possibly but surely as you say they will start making it again now veganism is taking off again :-)