General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thank you

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 8 Jan 2020 05:08

I never thought I'd own and use a PC, but Iv'e had 4 used ones and I'm grateful.

In recent years I've become dependent on it for company and information.

It's a long way from letters and pen pals.

I read or contribute to the threads often, and they would be nothing without you.

My sincere thanks for your help and company :-D <3

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2020 15:34

It's a two way thing David :-) Every post whether it is chit chat or something more thought provoking, even annoying, does something for someone!

It is particulalry good for those who are housebound for whatever reason and there is still a good level of support when someone needs it, even if one can't actually change a situation for the poster.

I do miss the old days when a letter from a penpal came in the post though!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jan 2020 18:17

I actually have the best of both worlds as I have friends on Facebook, and chat on here but I also have letters from pen friends arriving in the post. I have always loved letter writing although I have to admit to typing rather than hand writing these days.

Annx

Annx Report 8 Jan 2020 20:26

Yes it keeps you in touch with what goes on in the outside world David and is a connection with other people and their lives. We have to be thankful for the technology those before us couldn't enjoy. :-)