General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Too much for me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Jan 2020 16:07

reading 'the' ongoing thread, it's doing my head in and stretching my restraint to not post something 'sharp' !

So, who's watching "The Masked Singer" , and who do you think 'Hedgehog' is?

:-D

( Yes, I AM trying to think of something to put on the board that will not raise blood pressure!).

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 11 Jan 2020 16:12

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Not me Rose can't stand the suspense ;-)

As for you trying to think of something that will not raise blood pressure,
you'll be lucky. ;-) :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Jan 2020 16:19

Emma, I caught part of the masked singer and sadly could not look away ;-) I think 'Hedgehog' may be Alfie Boe or Russell Watson... but as to 'Unicorn', 'Chameleon', and 'Daisy'... :-S

I am on a slippery slope! ;-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 11 Jan 2020 16:26

I admire your stamina Rose, I watched the first
one. ( time I will never get back)
At my age I should learn to use my time better :-)

Take care Rose would hate to see you slide down that slope.

Island

Island Report 11 Jan 2020 17:06

Don't you go slip sliding away Rose - you're one of the few 'talking sense' over yonder.

I haven't watched Masked Singer but catching up with This Farming Life as my 1/2 hour tele allowance per day.

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Jan 2020 17:18

Island I get too worked up :-) and have been deleting before pressing send, never a good sign ;-) I think I'm here till March the something if I last that long. But as changes may be afoot at home I may be otherwise occupied after that and not renew.

Most calming programme I have watched recently was "Wild tales from the village " ( cute dormice in France) :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Jan 2020 22:26

Well, I've never heard of Jason Whatever his surname is. (Chameleon)

Island

Island Report 11 Jan 2020 23:23

I watched enough of Masked Singer to get the gist of it. Some great costumes but prog not really my cup of tea. I doubt if I would know any of them Maggie LOL

Turned over to BBC2 and there was a great programme about wildlife in Borneo followed by an hour of Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley on a champagne trail in France with snippets of Ab Fab. I do miss Ab Fab etc.
That's my tele viewing for a week in one hit :-0

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Jan 2020 23:41

I knew Justin as soon as he removed the mask. "Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End)" by The Darkness, was a big hit. I will have to watch the rest of the programmes just to see who the others are.

Island you're very disciplined :-) I tend to have the tv on even if I'm not watching, as background. The cats seem to prefer it to silence ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Jan 2020 23:44

When I go out, I always leave radio 4 extra on for my cats.
That's only because I can't stand 'Women's Hour' and don't see why they should have to listen to it. :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 12 Jan 2020 16:02

Island I switched over too and watched Patsy and co too. Thought it was quite funny and lots of other celebs in it too. There was some female comedian on the other channel and didnt like her "smutty" chat even though im broadminded!

Florence in the Hebrides

Rose it doesn't take much to get people upset on here! I have R2 on all day even when im in the lounge as I don't like silence in the house when im on my own.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 12 Jan 2020 16:11

I watched the Masked Singer as my daughter and her sons were talking about it. I really want to know who Hedgehog is. I've no idea about any of them.