General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ba***a*ds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 12 Jan 2020 05:29

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/accused-bushfire-looters-leon-elton-and-kylie-pobjie-refused-bail-over-batemans-bay-break-in/ar-BBYRKTY?ocid=spartandhp

This happens all too frequently :-| :-|

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Jan 2020 08:06

So sad when criminals cash in on the misfortune of others.

Allan

Allan Report 12 Jan 2020 10:24

This type of thing happens all too frequently here, in times like these :-|

Dermot

Dermot Report 12 Jan 2020 10:35

Why do some have a tendency to behave badly when they think no one is looking? :-0

Allan

Allan Report 12 Jan 2020 10:47

I can't answer that, Dermot, but if I expressed my true feelings about these low-life, and what I'd like to do to them, I would quite rightly be RR'd and probably banned for life from this site.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 Jan 2020 13:49

I expect that that is partly why homeowners decide to stay and fight the fire.....

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Jan 2020 15:34

I don't think it is physically possible anyway, Allan.

The sphincter is too strong.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 12 Jan 2020 15:58

How awful but sadly too frequent.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 Jan 2020 18:33

Allan ................

it happens over here as well. There were looters during our worst fire seasons in summer 2017 and 2018.

RCMP patrolled the areas, but then the army was brought in to also help with patrolling and manning road barriers.

But there's always a back way in, and someone who will take advantage.

Worse might be those who deliberately set fires :-| :-P