General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A Non-controversial Topic - I Hope

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 12 Jan 2020 12:22

Specially for Rose. :-)

Computers have a mind of their own! Following on from the post about Facebook suddenly being in Portuguese, I went into booking.com yesterday and it was in Danish. It's on my favourites bar, so no reason to suddenly decide I wanted to practise my (non-existent) Danish. :-S

Also, on my lock-screen I have the time on a 24 hour clock and the other day it suddenly decided I would like a 12 hour clock!! I tried all ways to change it back, without success. Yesterday OH was nearby when the lock screen was showing, so I told him what had happened. In the middle of my spiel it suddenly decided to change back, and has been fine since. It obviously didn't like being told off!! :-) :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 12 Jan 2020 12:44

I find that updates can alter things at times - sometimes they revert others I call in the expert - OH ;-) :-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 12 Jan 2020 15:14

Thank you Rollo, but there's nothing wrong with the toolbar. It's the lockscreen that shows the wrong time - on my computer that's the one that appears when you first switch on, before you put in your password.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 12 Jan 2020 16:02

My computer has always done odd things :-D good job I have a grandson. :-D :-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 12 Jan 2020 17:04

Thank you Rollo. The toolbar was already locked - I checked after your last post.

The time on the screen is correct, just in the wrong format, but as it only shows for a few seconds when I first switch on, and as all the other times are in the correct format, I will put up with it!! :-|

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Jan 2020 17:41

Just watching a 'Poirot', Chief Inspector Japp is trying to type up notes, makes a mistake and asks a policeman where the 'reverse gear' is.
Policeman leans across and asks 'Is it this one?', presses a button and the carriage shoots across :-D :-D

That's us, that is! :-D :-D :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Jan 2020 22:19

Nothing quite like the 'ding' when you throw the carriage of a typewriter ;-)

Andysmum , I hope your computer is back to normal now :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Jan 2020 01:57

But Rose, the delete button is so much quicker than using Tippex lol

Lizx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Jan 2020 11:26

The 'spell check' is pretty handy, too.

Thou yew can steal mach miss takes! :-D