General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Weakened Again

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Jan 2020 20:11

There are men in shorts running about on my television.

At least OH is not shouting instructions.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Jan 2020 21:54

:-D :-D :-D :-D

I saw a bloke in Salisbury yesterday, wearing a sheepskin jacket and shorts!
You'd have thought the need for the jacket may have indicated some need for leg covering! :-S

Caroline

Caroline Report 15 Jan 2020 02:59

:-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jan 2020 07:53

Happens all the time in winter here, Maggie.

All I could think of was those days I went primary and secondary school wearing shorts, and days of playing football wearing a short sleeve shirt and thin shorts, then skinning my knees on the frozen pitch :-0

B*gger that for a game of soldiers :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Jan 2020 08:56

It's the men in white coats you need to be wary and aware of, Sharron...... or, in current jargon (and only because I is a young un -not) woke to!

Ain't it grand when one person resurrects an old word and much of the younger generation stumbles over itself to copy its usage (sometimes wrongly too)! Younger in this instance means younger than me so not at all hard to be. :-D :-D :-D

Must tell my bro about men in shorts as he played football until he was almost 50 - friendly, local matches of course but knowing him, I doubt it. :-0

Sheepskin jackets and shorts .... Maggie, my imagination has gone into overtime. :-D

Beggar me, I have digressed again! :-S