General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IOW

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Jan 2020 11:35

OH and I are going to the Isle of Wight on Sunday to have lunch at the Garlic Farm by way of a little celebration.

The last time I went there I took Wend and the last time he went he locked himself in the back of that van,

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Jan 2020 12:48

It will bring back memories Sharron, you of Wend and him of the inside of the van.
enjoy your trip.

Caroline

Caroline Report 20 Jan 2020 13:12

Oh what a lovely trip, enjoy yourselves :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Jan 2020 21:59

I went to the IOW once on a 'Genes' thing.
A table had been booked for lunch - then, once we'd eaten, they tried to move us - for the next lot.
Unfortunately,their organisation and greed left a lot to be required.
There was nowhere for people to sit and drink (this was a pub), so we refused to move, as we fancied some after lunch booze.
Was that the time you went, Sharron?

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jan 2020 23:00

No, the only meet I have been to was in a pub by the dockyard gate.

I took Wend over as a surprise for Uzzi when she was clearing out her mother's bungalow and, Wend being Wend, she drank too much so U had to take her all the way back to Brighton

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Jan 2020 23:22

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Jan 2020 00:00

wasn't there a lady whose husband bought a harrier Cockpit, on the EelI Of Wigget??

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 22 Jan 2020 16:07

OOhh I love the Isle of Wight, probably going there in May for few nights