General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone know about taking holiday from work.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 29 Jan 2020 17:35

Like if it has already been agreed, can employers tell me I can’t take it although there is proof that it was accepted?

Dermot

Dermot Report 29 Jan 2020 19:28

Some unfortunates have had to rearrange their much anticipated break as a result of the Chinese emergency.

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Jan 2020 19:47

From the acas site

"If your employer says you cannot take holiday

An employer can refuse or cancel holiday, but they must let you know beforehand by at least the same amount of time as the amount you requested.

Example
You’ve asked your employer for 7 days off. They later realise they’ll be too short-staffed that week so they need you to work. They must tell you they need to cancel your time off at least 7 days before it was due to start.
They should give good reason for refusing or cancelling holiday and might suggest other dates, so it’s a good idea to talk to your employer about it."

https://www.acas.org.uk/checking-holiday-entitlement/asking-for-and-taking-holiday

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 29 Jan 2020 21:40

Thank you Rambling, it’s not actually me but for an ex colleague so I shall pass it on, thankfully I’m retired now.