General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Been for yet another pre op assessment today

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Jan 2020 22:25

So went to the hospital to have yet another pre op assessment as the last one has expired

No op date but went all through it again and more bloods taken

Was told if your irons are ok then the op should go ahead BUT there is a conflict with hospitals and GP ,s on what is a normal iron level.Doctors won’t give iron
tablets at my level even though the new op guidelines say should be a bit higher

Was told even at my level which at the new guidelines are a bit anaemic they should operate

TBH am peed off with it all .last two times my granddaughter took days holiday to come with me to the hospital and was prepared to move in with me for a couple of weeks after to make sure I was ok
She is having problems now doing that with her job in banking and her working in London and us living in Kent

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 29 Jan 2020 22:52

Oh blimey Shirley, they are certainly giving you the run around :-|. I do hope you get it sorted soon, all the best <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 29 Jan 2020 23:36

What a nuisance, Shirley. I hope things work out ok and you get your op over and done with soon.

Lizxx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Jan 2020 08:17

You'd think hospital and GP would be requiring the same results on your blood levels.

I do hope they get this sorted out for you soon, as I know you wouldn't want your granddaughter to be messed around any more.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Jan 2020 16:45

As the others say hopefully it will be sorted soon and the op can go ahead.