General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 0 + 1 of 19

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 30 Jan 2020 22:56

Hello just wondering how Joan .Florence are . have seen Ann G posting hope you & family are alright .bedtime for me know Good night Barbara :-) <3 <3 :-D :-

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Jan 2020 01:24

I am glad you check in with people Barbara. I feel that I don't do much on here. I am not coping well atm, so much stress with o.h.'s health problems as well as my fatigue. We are going away to the coast for a few days for his 66th birthday. Now he tells he has mislaid the garage key, apparently it's been 'missing' for weeks so garage has been unlocked all that while and now he has to figure out a way to secure it! We have only had one key to the Kia for months, which is my one as he mislaid his.

We have a wooden dish on the hall shelf for keys. He never uses it but dumps keys anywhere or leaves them in pockets. Drives me mad! We are losing cutlery every day because he seems to throw it away (spoons in yogurt pots etc) and has broken plates and bowls! He can't balance so falls a lot but won't use a stick!

It's all very wearing, nothing is in the same place anymore and he puts things away but forgets where!

Aaaaarrggh!

Take care everyone!

Lizxx

David

David Report 31 Jan 2020 07:05

Hello & good morning to you all :-D <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jan 2020 09:05

Lizz
I had that with hubby

We had a spare key to the car that wasn’t the programmed one that I used to use till he gave up driving and I took over

I put the spare in the drawer with the spare key to the side garage door and the garage door opener

He also had his own set of keys for front and back doors etc

When he could no longer go out on his own I persuaded him he didn’t need to carry them around and they too went onto the drawer

I didn’t think about the keys anymore till one day ,after he had passed, I was looking in the same drawer for something and realised only the door keys were there .all the other keys including the car key had gone

Cost me almost £200 to get another programmed key for the car .

Have since had to replace the garage door so the spares are all back where they should be

Barbra

Barbra Report 31 Jan 2020 11:22

Liz it wears you down sorry you are tired look after your self enjoy your holiday .x x my OH is 78 he is always mislaying things has a temper but to be honest I give him as much back he left front door unlocked a few weeks ago leaves cooker on pan on the hob nothing in it leaves taps running always my fault other days he is fine we watch TV have a talk we are away end February hope that cheers him up .I think they don't like getting old shame .I am just plodding on 5years younger than him hope I keep on driving & listen to music my GR family tree keep interested in things x David.Shirley .anyone pop in anytime Enjoy your day Barbara :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 31 Jan 2020 11:31

Morning peeps
Im sorry liz you are not having a good time. My mum has some form of dementia and forgets things so quickly, getting muddled. its very frustrating talking to her.
She forgets where she puts her important papers and that's makes it difficult for me to deal with over the phone.
I hope your time away will refresh you and cheer you up.

Im still waiting for my tests appointment in Glasgow.
I had a meltdown last mon when I rang the hospital to find out they have only just sent a request for the appointment grrrrr This was supposed to be done beg of January!!

So Ive been rather down last few weeks as just want to get on with my life and I cant.

Barbara, Hope you too have a nice time away .

Take are everyone

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Jan 2020 15:36

Sorry Liz that you are feeling down, it must be so frustrating. My OH mislays things but he usually manages to find them himself. He is not too bad memory wise although does forget a few things. However he still manages to sort out any problems I have on the PC and is still driving long distances. Good thing as well as I wouldn't drive all that way. He will be 82 this year and I will be 80 so we don't do too badly and have a lot to be thankful for still in reasonable health and still have each other.

Oh Florence, they are awful aren't they, fancy not sending off for your op date. I do hope that you will hear soon.

Liz enjoy your holiday. You do have a trial with your OH don't you. Can't you get a key cut for the car from the one you have, just a plain key is not too expensive. Difficult about the garage though without having a professional to look at the problem. Do you have any friends or neighbours who could park in front of your garage while you are away?

Barbra Hope you have a good break as well.

Barbra

Barbra Report 1 Feb 2020 12:42

Hello All anybody heard from Joan not seen her posting chin up Florence hope you hear something real soon Ann G Liz .Shirley David enjoy your weekend :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Feb 2020 13:12

Thanks Barbra, enjoy yours too. Sunnyish here and dry but although it tells me it is 11 degrees out there it doesn't feel like it.

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Feb 2020 11:00

Good morning All. Dry but chilly day .house work hoovering window cleaning oh it's exciting . :-) how are you all whoever look in making a brew between jobs no biscuits x right better get finished take care enjoy your Day Barbara

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Feb 2020 11:42

Good morning from a dull windy and decidedly chilly Gloucester. I have just been to the dentist for a deep clean. That is a clean under the teeth done under local anaesthetic, so about four injections on the right hand side of my mouth (left hand side booked for 25th). Another £60. So now I am all numb, good job we had coffee before we went out. It will take two hours to come round. Treatment is uncomfortable but not painful.

I hope Joan is OK. Wonder if her snowdrops are beginning to show. Those she sent me have multiplied and are out among the Helebores and look very spring like.

Hope Florence is OK too. :-) :-) :-) <3 <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Feb 2020 12:07

Ann sounds as though you have been brave take it easy today x Joan Florence hello xx

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Feb 2020 10:54

Good Morning if anyone looks in hope you are okay .Joan .Ann G Florence. ALL x bitter cold today no snow yet .got shopping Thursday. so that's done .having a break end of the month haven't seen family since September looking forward to seeing them .enjoy your weekend Take Care Barbara :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 7 Feb 2020 17:00

Good afternoon from a rather breezy ,getting windier outer hebrides Its brrrr freezing here too.
Sent daughter up town to get essentials, bread, milk and toilet rolls,,lol as the ferries are cancelled for the next 3 days .
As long as people don't greed buy, there will be enough for all.
Cant understand why people are allowed to buy more than 2 loaves of bread or 4 litres of milk.
I keep a loaf in the freezer so always have something just in case cant get to the shops.
No snow here but I think next few days we may get it.

Hope all ok with everyone else. take care if out and about this weekend

Florence in the hebrides

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 Feb 2020 10:18

A quick good morning to everyone and hope the wind is not doing any damage where ever you are! It's howling round the cottage but we are snug inside. Don't think I will venture far today. I bet the sea is rough!

We have had great weather so far and have extended our stay twice, by moving into the next door holiday cottage on Thursday and now leaving on Tuesday instead of
Monday. We don't have to rush out early as cleaner will wait till Wednesday to come in.

More later, I only came down because I thought I heard a knock at the door!
Mr Nobody there!

Take care Florence and everyone. Still no sign of Joan, hope she's ok

Love

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Feb 2020 20:47

Nice one Liz glad you are enjoying yourself didnt have far to move then x keep cosy & warm xx

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Feb 2020 20:54

Haven't heard from Joan hope she is alright & Hubby .

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 9 Feb 2020 22:14

Dear Barbara & others who have been asking for me, I am soooo sorry for not responding sooner but i haven't been on my computer for a week or more.
I have not been at all well & have spent most of my time lying in bed or sitting in my armchair, been sooo fed up!

Still trying to get on track from the past fall, still got a cough, nothing is helping, latest lot of cough medicine tastes awful but continuing to take it!
Having a problem with finding clothes to fit me just now after my tummy "firmed" up, couldn't get my shoes on last thursday when i was getting ready to do the shopping, hubby had to make an extra hole in my shoes which helped.

Never had a "fluid" problem before! finding it all sooo depressing!

Hubby is helping me around the house, dressing etc, not easy for him as he's not 100% himself.

Anne, our Snowdrops are in full bloom, soooo many of them, i am not able to get into the garden to see them but can see many of them from the house windows, I love the Snowdrops, so pretty.
Glad to hear yours are multiplying, they will only get better, & you will be able to lift some & replant elsewhere or even pass some on!

Have to go now & get settled in my chair again, MANY THANKS to all those who have asked after me, take care, chat again soon.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Feb 2020 22:35

Good to see you Joan sorry you are not well we all have been thinking about you x this awful weather won't help look after yourself just keep warm get better soon best wishes to you & Hubby xx Barbara <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Feb 2020 00:06

Aw poor you Joan. Retaining fluid isn't easy to get rid off. Its because you are not so mobile.

Heres hoping the medicine will help you and you get stronger so more mobile.

Take care. Sending you some healing wishes

Florence in the hebrides <3