General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 1 + 1 of 21

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Feb 2020 11:17

Good to see you Joan but sorry you are feeling so unwell. I hope something can alleviate the problem for you soon. Yes the snowdrops are lovely and last year OH did split a bunch up and planted then further away and they are flowering now as well. Yes I will give some to daughter when they have spread a bit more. So they will travel back up country to the Lake District.

sunny here this morning and windy and 6 degrees outside so not very warm.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 11 Feb 2020 12:17

Good afternoon from a very blustery island. Heavy hail and sleet showers and winds of 60 mph. Its pretty cold too.

Daughter went on bus at 10. Thankfully it stops opposite the house but even waiting for 2 minutes, she got very wet!

Getting a home to you delivery later. Its the best way to get a load of shopping from the coop and its all in the bags you've packed yourself unlike another rival supermarket who deliver it loose in crates!!!

Trying to get a slot with that firm is like goldust as never any spaces up to 3 weeks away. Nope Ive been with Coop for years and the staff are far more helpful and friendly. The van driver carries all the bags for me through to my kitchen with a smile bless him.

No ferries again today but one managed yesterday so shops got a delivery.

Made lovely veggie soup yesterday so off to heat some for my lunch.
Hope everyone is safe and sound.

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Feb 2020 11:46

Hello All hope your okay today. has the wind died down near you .it's a better day here dry with some sunny spells. Breezy .Joan if you look in sending best wishes to you x making corned beef hash for lunch .then just a piece of cake later homemade coconut loaf don't eat a lot if not going out,don't bake a lot now .to tempting .as i have cut down on sweet things .right Take Care keep warm Barbara :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Feb 2020 00:21

Poor you, Joan. I hope things will get better soon. It's good that between you both, you and hubby can make nourishing food. Hope that contnues.

Barbara, I like c.b. hash too with loads of fresh veg.

We got back from our coastal break last evening. It was a nice break and we extended it twice, but I still didn't do all I wanted or catch up with my friends. Nevertheless, it was a nice change of scene and separate rooms was the biggest bonus lol! Sheringham is such a lovely friendly town. Oh for a lottery win so I could move there!

Take care everyone,

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 13 Feb 2020 10:24

Good morning All hope you get out today Joan stock your cupboards up .x take your time. Liz glad you enjoyed your holiday if only you could win lottery .x Florence how are you .Ann G hello if you look in just local shops today .hope this new storm doesn't cause to much disruption ., think we are al fed up of bad weather Bye for now Barbara :-) xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Feb 2020 12:27

Good afternoon all. Hope the weekly shop got done OK Joan and that you are now stocked up with food. I was naughty, we had to be up early and get the shopping done as we were having our barge boards replaced on the house front. I needed to draw the cash to pay him as well. Nice young man, he was here with a mate at 0900 and finished just after ten and our shopping all done. But we are not finished as this afternoon we have 12 of us here for a U3A meeting so the downstairs has been blitzed and chairs redy to place. Now I had better get lunch. ,,,, and the reason I was naughty?? I bought a ready made pizza for the meal this evening, couldn't face cooking after that lot. :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Feb 2020 12:19

Hello All from a wet & windy Dumfriese & Galloway .Hope it's alright were you are .done my shop so not going out. Should be going away 21st hope weather calms down a bit .haven't seen family since last September so fingers crossed we can make the journey. Just made shepherds pie & plenty of veg for lunch .comfort food .good old fashioned cooking not a fan of exotic :-) keep warm & safe this weekend Take Care Barbara xx :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Feb 2020 12:22

Very windy and wet here, we did go out to the local shop (5 minutes away) for paper and a few bits, soon came home though and not going anywhere now. We eat our main meal in the evening and I have beef cooking in the slow cooker with onion, carrots, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes in a re wine gravy.

Joan and Florence hope that you are both ok and that the storm is not too bad where you are. <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Feb 2020 13:38

Afternoon peeps.
Its very wet and windy here but seems to have died down a bit. Still a horrid day though.

I can sympathise joan about not going out. I have only been out once this year. Not being able to drive or go anywhere on my own is really depressing.
Today im home alone since yesterday as daughter is away with her dad and nanna to a family funeral in Skye. If the ferry doesn't sail back tonight, she wont get home til mon as nanna being religious wont travel tomorrow!!

So I wont see or speak to another person until she comes back.It really gets you down.

Think we fared better up here this time as mid country there is an awful lot of flooding im seeing on the tv and hearing on the radio.
Hope everyone else is safe and well.
Take care
Florence in the hebrides

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Feb 2020 23:47

Just got word from my daughter. They made it back after a triangular trip via another island. Spent a total of 4 hours on a ferry but....nearly back at her dads so grateful they all made it back home safely.
Tomorrow looks awful and its flat calm just now....well for now.

Good nite folks

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 16 Feb 2020 14:52

Hope your all okay Ann G seems there are floods near you it's awfull. glad your family are safe home Florence Hello Joan it's very windy here overcast again .rain on the way never known anything like this ,.stay safe .& indoors Barbara :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 21 Feb 2020 16:20

Hello All hope your okay we are staying put for now going away March .very wet windy today .glad we didn't set off .other places are worse than.us flooding is awfull .how do you cope .Think Boris could have been out & about to see the damage .voted in to number 10.but hasn't done much yet .if you live north of Watford gap no chance .the whole country needs help .right Enjoy your weekend stay safe & warm whoever looks in Barbara :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Feb 2020 16:56

Hello all, yes we have had bad flooding about 5 minutes from us, however we are ok and not near the river. today the roads are open again. Any more rain and who knows? they will probably be flooded again. horrible for people living there. And a very large estate just up the road from the floods, built two years ago on the flood plain. they are not flooded as far as I know but the flood water has to displace somewhere. We have been out and about locally because the way we went was not flooded.

Nor sure why Boris has not been to any of the flooded areas. However if he did go people would probably say he was just going to be seen so no doubt he can't win.

Have a good weekend.
florence glad your daughter got back OK.

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Feb 2020 11:33

Good morning hope your all okay who look in had snow over night but it's thawing now bitter cold we are having nothing compared to a lot of places .roll on Spring :-) off to Dumfries for Mamagram 4years since I had op fingers crossed x right better get ready Take Care Bye For Now Barbara
:-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Feb 2020 14:19

Good luck Barbra, hope results are good. I am typing one handed as I had an Op yesterday on my lower left arm to remove a BCC (Basal Cell ) and have five stitches. Quite sore now. so have to try and not do too much. Been quite a week as I had dentist on Tuesday for a deep clean with about 5 injections on the left nad side of my teeth. and today I had a referral form to make an appointment to have a BCC removed from my face. No panic there though as the first available appointment is for September.

Hope Florence and Joan are OK. It is very cold here but sunny and no snow and so far for two days no rain.

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Feb 2020 17:35

Ann G just take it easy & rest hope you soon feel better x have to wait now for results in a couple of weeks ..Take care .Hello Joan & Florence x :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 28 Feb 2020 13:01

Good afternoon peeps.
We had a dusting of snow yesterday but the sun came out and melted it all however its freezing cold brrrr

Ann G poor you, hope your arm heals quickly so you can use both hands and the dentist as well...ouch not good You need a bit of pampering. Some nice sweet treats or maybe a take away then a good magazine to put your feet up and chill.

Barbara hope the mammogram goes well..I always find its actually quite sore being as i'm on the "ample size" lol Its always a worry waiting for the results but i'm sure you will be fine.

Hope Joan is ok as she's not been well and not on very much just now. But we are thinking of you.

Glad no one has been flooded out. Another storm Jorge is heading towards the south this weekend. Stay safe everyone

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Mar 2020 09:33

Morning how is everyone been okay here seen my brother he isn't well just now we had a good chat My SIL has Altziemers told in December she was fine but knows what's happening met up with Sons Neices & their children .We have done some touring round .sunshine & showers but mild last couple of days .Ann G hope you are okay Joan .Florence. :-) if you look in Take Care All of you Bye for now Barbara <3 x

Florence61

Florence61 Report 9 Mar 2020 18:20

Good evening peeps.

Just to say my subs run out at midnight tonight.
As I pay a annual premium membership, it is £79.99 but I shall not renew but wait until they offer me a better price.
They have done this for the last 2 years and I got it last year for £39.95

So don't worry if im not posting, I shall still be reading and hopefully back very soon
Take care everyone
Florence in the Hebrides

Edit:

yes I know an ordinary membership is cheaper but I do a lot of look ups on the electoral role and also print out the households on the censuses.
The premium member ship is right for me.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 9 Mar 2020 18:42

Aw don't leave Florence, why not take a standard membership and get the wonderful folk on Find Ancestors to do look ups. :-) You can then continue to use the boards.