General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 7 + 1 of 21

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Jun 2020 02:52

Glad you are improving Joan, take things steady now.

All fairly calm here atm

All I do is sleep.....

Take care all

Lizxx

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Jun 2020 11:16

Morning peeps.
Joan so glad you are doing so well.Its great to hear how you are coming along nicely.Im also getting my fluid tab reduced to 20mg from 40.The dizzy spells are less but I still have them hence the reduction.Hope you get your echo soon. I was lucky the community nurse came out to the house to do mine along with the kidney function test.

I am now awaiting when I can get my steroid injection for my Bursitus and then I shall be running up the stairs behind you..lol

Liz sleep helps to repair and recharge.So sleep as much as you feel you need it just now and then you energy levels will be good when you need them to be. Glad all is calm just now.

Its not raining at the moment and the sun is out albeit still breezy but an imorovement on yesterday!

Hope all is well with everyone else...Ann How are you

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Jun 2020 22:22

Evening all Liz <3 hope you have had a good day it's been very warm today no luck on the lottery x this lockdown is getting me down one law for England and we do as NS says she is more cautious than Boris we will see as more places maybe open & travel will be better as at the moment 5miles is our limit okay folks Goodnight Barbara x

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 25 Jun 2020 00:45

The 5 mile limit is a JOKE!!
Our nearest supermarket is 6 miles away but the one we use is further away some 8 miles away!

The likes of Boris & NS etc come up with these ideas not taking into account those of us who live OUTWITH the towns!!

Joan.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Jun 2020 12:45

Good afternoon all, a really hot day again today 28 degrees and rising. Lovely to see the sun but too hot to work out there. So we are pleased that we are up to date with the garden and it all looks lovely. (Thanks mainly to OH of course).

Joan so p;leased that you are feeling better and abe to do more, I am sure that improves your spirit.
Florence it sounds as if you are doing well too, I know it must seem slow but all the better for waiting I think.

Except for the very beginning of lockdown when we were not supposed to go anywhere that was not essential, we never actually had a five mile limit. to me that is really awkward especially for those who live in the country areas of Wales and Scotland. OK if you are in town but how are people supposed to get their shopping> Especially if they can;t get slots with the on-line shopping.

Barbra hope you have some sunshine.

Liz, this hot weather will make you sleep more as well. Are you on medication that makes you sleep I wonder.

Better go and get some lunch now. :-) :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 Jun 2020 13:31

Afternoon All Ann Florence Joan Liz.its a beautiful day 26degrees just chilling dogs have got a fan on them trying to keep cool hope you enjoy your day All for now Barbara x

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Jun 2020 14:10

Hello folks Ann Joan Liz <3 Florence thunder storms last night lasted a couple of hrs the lightening was intense managed to get to sleep about 2am. rain this morning but fine now whatever you do this week end enjoy & keep safe Barbara xx :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Jun 2020 14:26

Good afternoon all, no rain here yet and any storms must have past by us. 23 gegrees, sunny with a slight breeze so quite comfortable. I did a bit of pottering out there this morning, dead heading mainly much better now it is not so sticky.

Hope you are all OK. :-) :-) <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 28 Jun 2020 03:35

Ok here and hope everyone's doing well, especially Florence and Joan.

O.h. went to see the consultant on Friday, about his knees. He goes every year. They xrayed his dodgy knee and told him to use his walking stick in the hand opposite the dodgy knee to help the slightly stronger knee cope. The dodgy knee doesn't have a kneecap due to a mishap when he was much younger. More painkillers and better support with the stick (and his brace adjusted) might help otherwise in another 6 months they will look at surgery!

Let's hope there aren't any bad falls meantime and he learns to calm himself down.

Take care all.

Lizxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Jun 2020 12:21

Hope that works Liz. Hopefully if he remembers to use his stick correctly he won't fall.

Hello all, ok here. sunny but really windy which, of course the hanging baskets don't like. Not a gardening day for me but OH is pottering out there finding things to do. :-D : Hope everyone is ok.

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Jun 2020 12:36

Hello All hope your okay x very wet & windy here Ann my baskets are getting blown about. not good forecast for the week ahead ..got Asda order coming next Friday so will have no need to go out. at least oh happy football back on I am looking on Ancester for Irish connections .Take Care Speak soon Barbara xx <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 29 Jun 2020 12:02

Morning everyone.
Last few days here haven't been good.
We had severe thunderstorms on Thurs all afternoon and up til midnight, a wee lull then around 5am the lightening and thunder was horrendous. Never slept a wink. We had more on Friday so no sleep either.
We moved my potato plants as they were getting bashed and ive left them round the back as i think some gales are forecast later this week.

Been trying to get a Tesco home delivery slot grrrr nothing before 19 jul and then when you go on tom, there are none til the next week. Its nigh impossible and we are on the priority list...hmmm not worth it as havent managed a slot using prority yet. We managed one on the 23jun but that wont last 3 weeks.
Seem to be spending a lot more because we are buying a bit extra incase we cant get a slot but space isnt too big here. Small freezer etc...

Im not feeling great either with lack of sleep so naturally im feeling a bit irritable.

Sorry to rant on!

Joan the 5 mile rule is stupid, my town is 1/2 on the bus about 12 miles...But NS is for once doing the correct thing is slowing our lockdown.

The images on the beaches in Dorset etc beggars belief.They should block the town off and make all the tourists go back or fine them...poor residents is all i can say.

If we are not careful, we will have a 2nd wave of this virus and that will put us back months.

Take care and stay safe everyone

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 30 Jun 2020 10:59

Good morning Ann G Joan Florence .Liz xx rant all you want Florence this is the place to do it .very quiet on GR mind you people are not out & about yet NS & Boris are giving mixed messages to what we can can't do I am fed up of it .Rang my brother last night all family are okay in Lancashire can't wait to visit them x right just nipping local shops Post office not out long Take Care <3 to All Barbara

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Jul 2020 06:29

I am just sleeping my life away. I wish I could feel refreshed when I wake so I could get outside and do some essential gardening.

Barbara, I was recently reminded that my l paternal grandmother came from near Clitheroe, in Lancashire. I think her village was Wiswell.

Hope life is a bit calmer for you, Florence

Lizxx

Florence61

Florence61 Report 1 Jul 2020 14:47

Afternoon peeps
Well the sun is shining and its not raining, so thats a good sign.Had fun & games earlier in the garden trying to chase a hen that had escaped from a neighbours garden 2 houses up the rd.
We tried to tempt it with bread etc but it just walked beside me, looking at me as if to say, Im not going anywhere..lol Eventually got it through our gate and daughter went up the rd but it was in no hurry.
Strange because once it found its garden the other 3 hens were clucking to it and the hen obviously recognized where it needed to get back to through a hole in the fence...

Anyway thats the most excitement we've had here for awhile..haha

Liz, when you wake, maybe have a cool but not cold shower.Maybe that will refresh you But just going outside will make you feel better.Just do something small at first and see how you get on. Hope you feel better soon..sending hugs to you xx

Hope everyone else is ok
Take care
Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Jul 2020 14:58

Good afternoon wet & windy miserable day hope it's better were you all are x Joan Florence Liz x Ann G hope you are okay . waiting for Asda Order .we I think can venture further than 5milles but no to Dumfries Gretna as local sm cluster of Corvid 19 Someone at a hospital in Carlise brought Covid into DG see what happens enjoy your weekend stay safe Take Care Barbara :-) :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jul 2020 15:46

Hello Barbra, are you in the part that has been locked down again? Or are you outside of it? do you mean it was somebody who was a patient in the hospital that brought it your way. Whatw ere they doing sending them home from hospital if they had tested positive?

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Jul 2020 16:22

Ann it was someone working in the Cumbria hospital they live in DGalloway there are 11cases altogether cross border Scotland England their contacts have been found & being tested the the no could be in the 20s altogether 2 factories have suspect cases hope it gets contained & we dont want it to spread .further news later today .we live 75 miles away from Gretna Dumfries is 50 miles we don't go near unless going to England we shall keep up with the news Barbara

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jul 2020 16:30

Such a worry when it is close or closer than you'd like. I hope that they can contain it.

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Jul 2020 20:37

My late Mum had a little girl 4th July 1955 she only lived 3 days what a differant world mine would have been if my Sister had survived <3 Barbara