General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 0 + 1 of 15

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Sep 2020 02:53

I am really sorry Florence that you have new problems to deal with. I can understand your despair and frustration. I hope the house doesn't sell til you have found another home altho you will be living in limbo until that happens.

It seems so unfair that you have all this to deal with, and I hope the stress doesn't affect your health. I wish I could help you but I am still waIting for the lottery to come up trumps!

Joan, your hard work is admirable. I want to move things into larger tubs and underplant with last year's bulbs etc which are currently in the greenhouse and we have a new cream passionflower and other things to plant by the garage wall where we had a lovely clematis. Partner managed to kill it off when he had work done on the garage roof and facia boards!

Let's hope the weather stays pleasant for the coming weeks so we can get stuff done.

Positive thoughts for you Florence and for all of us!

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 20 Sep 2020 23:37

Florence not good news surely she has to give you proper notice .honestly your just getting over your op now this .it could take months for it to sell anyway not a good time with Covid. 19 .One step at a time .have you thought of moving to mainland Scotland some decent properties for rent. anyway chin up i keep trying with the lottery. Maybe one day will be rich :-) try not to worry that won't help look after yourself Take Care Barbara

Florence61

Florence61 Report 20 Sep 2020 19:51

Hello peeps.
Glad you are getting on in the garden ok Joan.Sounds like you both have really worked hard and made good progress. You both deserve a big hug.

Liz sorry you cant get yours sorted but hopefully your friend will make a good recovery in time before the winter sets in.

As for me well....not so good. The owner of the house i rent has decided its going up for sale. She came and explained why last Thursday!! So i have been through all the local estate agents and there is nothing suitable and very few properties to rent. I didnt think i would have to move until my divorce was settled and Covid has set that back with the paperwork!

Thursday afternoon, I get a call from Occupational health re the new updated Risk Assessment and as it has now put me in the highest risk group, I have to stay at home ufn...I have to wait for a Dr on the mainland to assess me and then decide if i can return to work. I still cant drive until mid august so using public bus..

I am so upset and just dont know what i can do. I feel my world has once more come crashing down and i am under the rubble... Obviously its not enough with what i have endured already this year without anything else.I so hope noone buys this house before xmas as that will give me a little more time to find somewhere.
Truth is, If i had the money, i would make an offer.Its a good solid detached house.Yes needs modernising but 3 bedrooms, bathroom, huge lounge diner, large sitting room and a huge storage area upstairs that could be another bedroom and bathroom plus 2 large lawns and a huge garage/workshop...The price you may ask? wellll £140k a bargain. But sadly unless the fairy godmother gave me the money, its a no go...

Oh well I just needed to get this off my chest as i have had a sore head for days and been so upset. I feel better just telling someone. Sorry if i depress anyone as not my intention.

Barbara hope you are ok and Ann too.

Will let you know an update when one comes.

Thanks for being here

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 20 Sep 2020 19:26

Hello Joan you have been busy good to see garden getting attention it will be done as we get colder weather & darker evenings good job done x don't do to much keep well x keep you fit :-) evening if anyone else looks in Take Care Barbara

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 20 Sep 2020 18:49

Good evening everyone.

Well another good day in the garden, I eventually got my hubby to tidy up the area at one side & in front of the Potting shed! he wasn't very keen & I had to wait for him to watch the motorbike races first!!

When he did make a start he shovelled up a lot of muck & leaves that had lain undisturbed for 3 years whilst we were both not well, he then set about pulling out the various weeds that had grown between the flagstones, after yesterdays lopping of some tree branches he put them through the shredder, oh my what a good job he has done.

Tomorrow he is going to hose the flagstones, & then I shall be able to make a start on painting the Potting shed, but not until I have scrubbed the glass in it which has gathered a lot of algae whilst it has been hidden within the overgrown trees & shrubs.

Ihe garden is looking really good & hopefully when done it will be back to how it used to be before the winter arrives!!
I never thought we would ever get it back from the jungle it had become, It was heart breaking to see it in such a state during the time I was so ill.

I have one more garden seat to paint yet but that will have to wait until we get the other side area of the P shed sorted then it will be easier to get to the last seat in order to paint it.
It has been such a lovely day today, hoping it will be fine tomorrow as well so that we can get some more garden tasks done.

Liz.... we don't have many pots so not really an issue for us, the few big ones that we do have do need to be freshened up & I have just purchased some of those new Bulb Pods to put into them, different bulbs already placed into a shaped card type "box" bit like a large egg box but circular, so easy to deal with & hopefully "when they come up they should give a really nice show.

It's now time I was off the computer for a wee while, I'm away to make a Carrot cake & some buns so it's cheerio for now.

Joan.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Sep 2020 00:05

Wish we had done as well with our garden, Joan. Well done! So many pots to deal with before winter and much more work needed before we can rest on our laurels!

A gardener friend of mine was coming to sort out some tall trees but injured his eye and is only just getting back to normal. He's so far behind, I have no idea if he will get to us at the right time to cut back the trees.

Hope everyone is ok, no more hiccups and hassles.

Lizxx

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 19 Sep 2020 16:40

Hi again. well we have had a lovely time in the garden, lots done, hard work but we need to get it back to how it used to be, we just take our time (no choice really) but we can now see a big difference.

We have located the Potting shed, LOL, & exposed a part of the garden wall that we haven't seen in a VERY long time, really pleased with what we have managed so far..
Such a lovely day, hope it keeps up.

Salad ready so off to sit & enjoy it, bye for now, take care.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 19 Sep 2020 11:57

Hello Ann Joan Liz Florence .how are you today haven't seen Florence posting hope you are okay x lovely day plenty of sunshine just washed a few things should dry nicely stay safe all of you this virus is not going anywhere is it .so many cases again all we can do is be careful & sensableI .have order being delivered Monday don't feel like going out Enjoy your weekend Take Care Barbara xx

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 19 Sep 2020 11:55

Good morning, what a wonderful day it is here in Aberdeenshire, the sun is out, the sky is blue, rather warm to be doing garden tasks but they need doing whilst we have good weather!

Had to go into town earlier to pick up some Tree Loppers from Argos, ours broke yesterday whilst hubby was using them! & we can't do without loppers for our garden.

Salad for tea so that's an easy meal to put together, so hopefully we shall get plenty of jobs done today before we have to come go in to eat!

Must go & make a start on the garden now, see you all later, be good.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 18 Sep 2020 23:02

Just taken the dog for his constitutional by gum it's cold thermals on tonight & the heating Meatloaf didn't want to stop out don't blame him Night All :-) Barbara x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Sep 2020 14:34

Joan I am sure how you were feeling won't have affected the scan. Strange how not all nurses are nice sympathetic people isn't it?
No Barbra, not a bug, he has had blood tests which show no infections.
Yesterday we were unexpectantly advised by the GP that OH could go to the hospital and visit the Acute investigation medical unit. We could just walk in. that should have told us what to expect. All very well organised plenty of room in the waiting areas, chairs (upright hard plastic chairs with a thin seat pad) six feet apart. walk in means first come first served. OH's doctor had phoned in the situation so they were aware. All together we were there 4 hours. We bused in as car parking is not easy so OH had to walk to the bus and from bus into hospital, he managed that OK using a stick. after an hour and a half he was called in. he saw a doctor who asked two or three A4 pages of questions covering everything under the sun, then he had his eyes checked with the camera, another blood test, BP taken, then the registrar took over. (apparently a lovely looking Asian youn lady, so he must have perked up a bit to notice that.), she asked more questions mainly about his headaches. His GP had suggested a scan but she obviously decided against that and prescribed Co codomol and an antihistamine and nasal drops. Unfortunately they don't do that in drops so we have to sort out a spray.
Next he was ent for Xray to chest and lower spine.

Both Xrays were clear as was the blood test so it is the medication for a week and then see GP if necessary.

We then called a taxi to get us home exhausted. I had sat on that hard chair for 3 hours without moving until we had to go to the Xray department. couldn't fault the hospital though, they were very busy they obviously get all sorts there a sort of triage/front running department.

So today we are both exhausted. and OH has started the cocodomol, hoping he can tolerate them not everyone can.

Barbra

Barbra Report 18 Sep 2020 13:55

Come on our Joan it's over now not very nice for you I dont ike small spaces x dont worry about your result you have done really well to get back on your feet be positive xx Gardens always want some work just waiting for handy man to put some wood on the decking only 4 pieces he has had it a fortnight. then i can cut some plants back leave them out over winter. lovely day here makes you feel want to do something outside dont do to much.though Hello All hope ur okay enjoy your weekend Take Care Barbara x :-)

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 18 Sep 2020 13:18

Hello.
Nice day here, just about to go out & do some work in the garden with hubby, nothing too strenuous (I hope) just some tidying up of some shrubs & a general tidy round, the area where the Potting shed is is somewhat overgown & it so needs chopping back so that I can get to the shed! lol, I would like to make a start on painting the shed before the winter arrives, it is looking rather shabby due to us not being able to get into the garden for such a long time.

Had my Echo scan yesterday & it wasn't a nice experience!
On arrival I was kept waiting before anyone came to the door, when a nurse arrived I was questioned as to why I wasn't wearing a mask, I explained why (claustophobic ) she then took me through & ushered me towards a LIFT!!!

I told her that was a no no & I went up the stairs (20) on my own I was then told the person doing the scan might refuse to do the Scan if I don't wear a mask!!
She went off & returned to tell me the technician was phoning my Dr to check out my "excuse" re no mask!

By this time I was quite anxious about the whole thing & was ready to just refuse the scan & go home, I was already nervous about the scan & the extra hassle wasn't helping, I did offer to wear a mask but pointed out to the nurse that I wouldn't last the time of the scan with it on!
Eventually I was taken through for my scan.

The room was really small, there was the bed, chair & scanning machine, no window & with a curtain pulled round I was feeling "trapped", the light was dimmed & the scan started.

I wasn't to move or speak! the nurse doing the scan pressed really hard against the Sternum area, she then moved on to under my breast, again pressing really hard, then i was asked to turn onto my back & look away from the machine & she then pressed the hand thing into the top of my tummy, that was awful she was really digging in & I also had to hold my breath for as long as possible !! 4 times, it was so unpleasant that I couldn't help calling out!

Took about 40mins before I was done, my left arm had gone numb & because of lying so flat for all that time I was sweating, & felt dizzy on sitting up!

I was sooo glad to get out of there, & when I got back to hubby who was waiting in the car I broke down! I was sooo upset about what had gone on.
I am concerned that because of how I was feeling that the scan might not be showing "good" results but I am NOT having another!

Ok girls I have had my rant & so now I'm away into the garden for a wee while.

Take care of yourselves, hope you all have a nice weekend.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Sep 2020 12:15

Good to see Joan keep well x Ann could be a bug with your OH back ache & tiredness hope he improves .How is Florence still busy x Hello Liz x nice fine day here cloudy but some sunshine. Not doing a lot just making lunch fish & chips looking forward to that .slept better last night had a long chat with my Brother yesterday we put the world to rights between us .look after yourselves & Stay safe Bye Barbara :-)

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 14 Sep 2020 10:49

Good Morning everybody.

Well now I am not long back from my Drs appointment, all went well, he's really pleased with me, my lungs are pefectly clear, fluid retention no more, & have to stop taking the last of my water pills.
I was on 3 per day but Dr stopped one of them (2 a day) a month ago,& now he's stopped the other, maybe now I won't be needing the loo as often!! lol.

No more routine Drs appointments are needed, just my B12 jabs to get every 12 weeks, will be getting the Echo scan on Thursday & hopefully all will be fine!

So all in all a good result seeing the Dr today, he was really pleased with how I had rallied & come on after being soo close!!!

Sorry to hear that you are not sleeping well at the moment Barbara, take care.

Had to purchase a new Monitor for my computer last week, have now got a lovely new one, a nice square one, I like the square ones rather than the widescreen type, they don't come cheap though do they! lol.

Joan.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Sep 2020 10:31

Pleased to hear that you managed to get some sleep.As children we were in touch with our cousins and second cousins but none really lived near enough to see often. We were a sort of close extended family in that parents were in touch with their siblings and we knew what went on in the families. As adults we are sort of in touch, albeit infrequently, one of mine is actually on face book so keep in touch there, those older than me and there were several, have passed on sadly, I am still in touch with the 95 year old husband of one of my cousins. Christmas we always hear from them and vice versa.

the hardest thing I think about OH is he was always so active, out in the garden all day doing things and helping round the house, now since he hurt his back 6 weeks+ ago he just sits most of the day, struggles to stand up and walk, does occasionally make himself go out into the garden and actually now is having trouble sitting as well so lying down is best. He can still drive the car and has a lumber back and a cushion to help so does come grocery shopping as he can lean on the trolley. Just hoping the doc has some suggestions for him as he is so frustrated and I don't want him to sink into depression which seems likely if this goes on.

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Sep 2020 10:17

Morning got some sleep okay now just needed to say how I was feeling. some cousins you hardly see but this family were always there when we were growing up xx hope your family get sorted Liz this school business is awfull . Ann sorry to hear about your OH it's a worry he will have to rest up a bit hope he improves very soon x you are my virtual friends but worth your weight in gold .Thank You .stay safe <3 to All Barbara

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Sep 2020 08:59

Barbra, always somebody here to listen even if a day or so later. I hope your cousin's funeral goes as well as these things can. If you know the time you can be there n thought.

I am rarely down, usually can stay upbeat but am feeling very low these last few days. My OH is in so much pain with head aches and a really bad back that he has had for 6 weeks now. He is expecting a phone appointment with the doctor today, he had one two weeks ago and actually saw him three weeks ago but Dr just says it will go eventually. I would rather he had a proper appointment, how can a Dr 'see' what is wrong over the phone. 6 weeks ago he was playing golf twice a week now he can't even tie his own shoe laces, it makes me want to cry just seeing him suffer.

Do hope that the virus doesn't spread in the schools as that will take it into the community again. Cases are already rising, frightening for us oldies isn't it?

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Sep 2020 04:43

Bless you Barbara, hope you can get some more sleep. Try to remember happy times with your cousin as you think about her funeral today.

Worrying about the schools. My son's "stepson" with diabetes went back on Friday. Apparently he told my son, I will go today but if I don't like the way it is, I will stay home next week! My son soon told him it didn't work that way lol. I do hope he stays well tho. My son is having to go into the office some days but his fiancee is still working from home full time.

Take care all, have a good day

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Sep 2020 04:24

Morning well can't sleep my Cousins funeral today half past one .so sad we can't go 200 miles away but 30 family members can go. they will make sure they say goodbye from Us .My Neice just got back to work her youngest is in School but hey ho Covid 19 is in The School not her year but doesn't sound to good four schools in the town have the Virus .honestly makes you wonder what life is all about .Right will try & get some sleep sorry for going on but hopefully somebody listening to me <3 night