General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 0 + 1 of 21

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Dec 2020 08:48

Florence because of his having been in a ward with someone who tested positive for Covid (although OH tested negative), he is in an isolation ward which complicates everything, the staff are reluctant to make contact with his stuff (I am assuming).

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Dec 2020 23:02

Oh Ann good for you seeing you daughter, thats a nice boost.Poor OH, surely a nurse or someone could charge his phone maybe?

Thankyou for your good wishes and Barbara too. Yes she did spoil me and i never washed a dish today!
Just off to bed as going to town early tomorrow. Ferry not sailing so need to be early to get milk & bread. Its absolutely baltic here tonight. Got my woolly socks on as my feet are like blocks of ice.
Be ok once im snuggled under the duvet.
Nite peeps
Sweet dreams

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Dec 2020 22:54

Happy Birthday Florence bless you glad you were spoiled Hello All x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Dec 2020 22:46

Hello all happy birthday Florence, good that your daughter spoiled you. No snow here just cold and damp. Good to see daughter today, staying in a support bubble for three days. Not had any phone calls from my O.h in hospital, we think his phone needs charging and he has mislaid his charger. Hope all are well.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Dec 2020 21:57

Well after a dusting of snow and icy roads yesterday, the gale and torrential rain were very welcome to clear it away.

Had a very quiet day today and daughter fussed over me making me lunch and tea and doing all the dishes. She gave me some lovely flowers and other wee treats.
A couple of tel calls from family and a video call to see my little 3 yr old nephew who sang his heart out, bless him.

So no out on the town to celebrate but then again, this year wasnt special but next year is and so hopefully will be able to celebrate that day.

Hope everyone is ok as rather quiet on here last few days. Given the cold weather, Im sure most are hibernating.

Stay safe all
Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Dec 2020 22:49

It's freezing tonight all white on the grass heating on & staying on have a good night all Barbaraxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Dec 2020 19:53

Evening All sorry to hear your hubby still in hospital Ann best wishes to you both x Florence you have done well enjoy your prep for Christmas it will soon be here x Liz Hello thinking about you chin up lovely lady we are here for you xx cold tonight no snow yet right having s coffee to warm me up Take care Goodnight xx

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Dec 2020 22:21

Oh Ann sorry to hear this poor hubby and you.. but i guess he in the best place as you wouldnt want him to fall at home.

Are you able to visit him?

Heres hoping he will get sorted soon.
Hugs to you <3

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Dec 2020 21:45

Hello all, nonFlorence he is still in hospital not a lot of change really. To be honest they don’t seem to know what to do to make him better. He is still not walking right so liable to fall.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Dec 2020 21:11

Evening all.
Hope everyone ok.

An offer has been made on this house but so far nothing concrete. Landlord has said she will let me know when there are developments and it will be next year before anything goes through. So at least we can have a peaceful, stress free xmas and new year.
Earlier at tea time, there was a hail/sleet shower and it is brrrrr cold tonight. Snow showers are forecast and icy roads so need to take care out & about.

All organised with cards written & sent and all parcels so working on the xmas day menu now and food shopping list.

Funny day today as this time last year, i was in theatre and nearly died.Then woke up on my birthday 2 days later 4th. At least this year, i will have a happier day. Strange how time has flown by!

What's everyone else up to? Has your hubby Ann come home yet?

Have a good evening and stay safe

Fl;orence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 1 Dec 2020 10:08

Good Morning Liz Florence Ann Joan hope you are all okay i am fine just now coloured my hair hmm it turned out dark should have been light brown but must be dry .never again look really washed out no colour in my face will leave well alone in future xx just local shops oh eaten the mince pies greedy B not making anymore shop bought & will put them away x can't eat them myself to rich. Right Ladies of out Stay safe Take Care Barbara xx :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 29 Nov 2020 11:29

Hello All were is our Liz haven't seen her posting hope your okay x Florence is about Ann G hope your Hubby is alright x just a quick pop in make sure you are well .right going to do veg Potatoes chicken for lunch I am not hungry these days dont have much all day really right take care stay safe & warm Barbara xx

Florence61

Florence61 Report 28 Nov 2020 22:10

Not a bad day here but i was busy baking indoors and cooking different thungs. I made a carrot and orange soup which was very tasty at tea time, 24 mince pies and a sticky toffee gypsy tart.

I have some puff pastry and a frozen packet of forest fruits. I wonder if i can make a strudel type desert?

Daughter went on bus to town and said local Coop was empty of people...sooo quiet for a Saturday. Think people are holding their pennies until nearer xmas .

Wonder if it will be a white xmas this year?

Hope all is well with everyone.
Hope Liz is ok as not seeing her post just now?

Florence in the hebrides

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 28 Nov 2020 14:12

Good Afternoon, boy it's a cold day here today.
Nice & dry & the sun is shining but frosty, hard frost first thing, still lying in the shady areas,I was going to go outside again today but it's too cold & a bit slippy under foot!

I was going to make Broth for our teas today but I slept a bit too long leaving not enough time for the Broth mix (pulses) to be properly cooked & I forgot to take the piece of meat out of the freezer that we like to have in the broth.
Will make it tomorrow instead.

Hope everyone is well, take care if you have to go out.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Nov 2020 19:18

Well ladies weekend looming again been cold today but fine .hope your all as well as you can be Take Care Keep Warm & safe Barbara

Florence61

Florence61 Report 26 Nov 2020 20:37

Evening peeps
Although i am not working at present, i have had a busy week so far.
I went to the hospital on Tuesday and now have a heart monitor to wear for 7 days.
Today, I was back at5 hospital getting my 4 monthly injections into my thighs but oh my the needle is so fine it really hurt!! I havea good pain threshold but really had to restrain myself saying a few choice words when he"stabbed me." lol

Anyway hears hoping by tom, they will relieve my pain and walking again will be a pleasure.
Im meeting my friend tom who I was supposed to meet last Friday. Got the car sorted now, so hopefully we will get a lunch of some sort.
Xmas cards going in the post and parcels went on Tuesday.

Just the food shop list to do next week and all organised.Although, there is only 2 of us but I still make an effort....you have to.

very cold here.Maybe a white xmas this year who knows.

Hope all is well with everyone
Stay safe
Florence in the hebrides.

I did a good deed by donating to a charity that helps young people with needs. Its a small Scottish Charity. I looked them up first and they are genuine.They help young people with needs to get accomodation and become independant.

I sent £10.00 and hopefully it will buy a young person something this xmas. I dont have much but when i can, I support small local charities that do not get help from the government like the Lifeboats. Every little helps.

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Nov 2020 15:19

More changes with lockdown can this Goverment get anything right don't know about people on here but I am sick of all the different news 're do this do that Barbara

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 Nov 2020 16:27

Good afternoon Ann hope you hubby is alright & comfortable you look after yourself as well Florence Liz hope you are okay x I am alright I think just been shops today local very busy in the town Christmas lights are up but rubbish :-) council must be on tight budget got order booked 15th December so think sorted looks like people can visit relatives for a few days .over Christmas see what happens .right going for A brew then Tea time Keep Warm safe Take Care Barbara xx

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 22 Nov 2020 16:12

Hi everyone, well I had another good morning in the garden again, got almost all the last of the leaves up & away, had help from the 2 grandchildren that live not far away.
Our eldest daughter & her hubby were here as well, he trimmed the Rugosa hedge for us & daughter reduced one of the garden seats that had an arbour over the top, she cut the arbour section off as it was a bit wobbly, the seat looks better for it, just need to paint it now.

Bit chilly today but I soon warmed up doing sweeping up the leaves.
Have made a Beef Casserole & Dumplings for tea, it's almost ready, smells lovely & so looking forward to eating it, lol.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend, Florence what a carry on for you the other day, you take care.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 20 Nov 2020 21:30

Well peeps, what a day!
Today I had arranged to meet a friend for lunch at 12.30. Daughter has been away for 3 days to see her dad and so have been on my own and very quiet. Got up early, showered and did my hair.Put my new jeans and boots on, some lipstick and my fav perfume Coco Chanel.

Once I was ready I did feel good and was so looking forward to my lunch with my pal.
Around 11, I heard some noises outside. It was blowing a severe 9 and things were rattling etc. But then I noticed the bin had disappeared. It was full up with recycled waste and the binmen had not arrived yet.
Well, I wrapped up and ventured out to see the bin laying in the drain!! It was pouring hard and nearly blowing me over. I leant forward but could only grab the wheels.
I managed to pull it to the road but the lid blew open and all the bags fell in the drain full of water. Bits of paper flying everywhere into the neighbours garden and some floating through the pipes!!. I went back inside to get my granny grabber and managed 1 by 1 to pull the bags up and put them back in the bin. But oh my, the rubbish i couldnt get hold off was all over the place.
Suddenly the bin lorry arrived, I waited until he emptied and then took it straightaway to secure it with the other bins. Considering i had washed and blowdried my hair, I now looked like a drowned rat so had to redo hair.

By now it was 11.45 and i needed to leave. So got in car, turned ignition and....battery completely flat grrrrrr.
I came indoors and burst into tears. With no other way to get to town, i had to ring my friend and cancel. I could have swore it was Friday the 13th this week.

I telephoned a shop in town and they phoned back at 3 to say, they had 1 battery to fit my car. So they have put it aside and a friend will get it on monday for me.
The car has been sitting for a year and although i have driven it to town & back, I dont think it was enough to recharge it completely.

So a complete disaster of a day. Its still howling a force 9 outside and doubt if I will get any sleep.

I have to say, the granny grabber has proved quite useful in unusual ways and today was a life saver.In the beginning when OH gave it to me, I turned my nose up saying, thats for old people..lol However Im glad i kept it.

So on that note, I hope everyone elses day fared better than mine.

Florence in the hebrides