General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 2 + 1 of 19

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 19 Oct 2020 13:06

Hello anyone looks in not been to good over the Weekend Vertigo playing up feel better today Thank goodness a dull dank day hope you enjoyed your weekend Liz hello seen u posting hope your alright xx another week in front of us oh X-ray Tuesday on his back right you lovely lot Take Care :-) <3 Barbara x

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Oct 2020 11:44

You too Barbara and all.

The chap doing the community garden came to collect the hazel trees and some grasses and other bits. It was pouring with rain ( what a surprise) but he soon got them into bags and off for replanting.

Partner seems to have fixed the hot tap on the bath. Hopefully it will stay fixed!

It's raining again, I am still hoping for some dry sunny weather, am I dreaming?

Take care everybody

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 16 Oct 2020 17:07

Hello folks if you look in Enjoy your week end stay warm stay safe Barbara x

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Oct 2020 17:49

Hello Florence & All glad you have supplies in .good luck with blood test. Hope every one who looks in are okay Ann Joan Liz a bit cold again but fine managed to sort pots out they are put to bed now till spring got a couple of hanging baskets winter panties in them so a bit of colour with the bushes feels Autumble now going dark early Take Care keep warm Barbara x :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Oct 2020 19:59

Evening peeps.
Been a lovely crisp sunny day here but very chilly.Still with the breeze got the sheets out and dried...love it when they smell fresh.

Waiting on replies to lots of things this week, just hope i get some.

Having a repeat Hb1 AC test for blood sugar on Friday. 3 months ago I was borderline Type 2 Diabetes but i disagreed as i had been on steroids for awhile and they put up the blood sugars so we shall see.

Havent managed an online slot here with tesco for 6 weeks until yesterday evening. But we have now an emergency box full of tins and packets etc so if we are locked down, we will be ok this time.

Hope all ok with everyone and Liz, hope you managed to get some of your problems sorted. Take care allxx

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Oct 2020 13:01

Hello how are you all bright day here but cool breeze GP this afternoon ECG don't feel to bad hope all okay Flu Jab next week delayed from yesterday .this Covid gets worse a lot more cases Dumfries care home now. .how are u coping getting shopping on line only going local once a week apart from today right whoever look in Take Care Stay safe Barbara :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Oct 2020 23:03

Barbara, on this island there are hardly any properties available to rent that are unfurnished.I have searched high & low but nothing yet. She told me today the viewers are very interested but it would be next year and no earlier so Im kinda relaxed just a little. At least we have some breathing space..

I have quite a lot of furniture i didnt have when i moved here. i had hardly anything but over last 3 years, i have now got the house full up including all white goods.
So my next house needs to be fairly roomy to fit everything in.
Anyway we shall see.

Cold nite again here, heating been on most of the evening!

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 10 Oct 2020 22:07

Florence have you looked for a holiday let this time of year plus with Covid there might be a chance some one has a vacant property look after your self don't wait for your landlord lady to give you notice you need to be settled if you get 6 months deal will give you breathing space just a suggestion hope you don't mind me saying. if they are happy could be longer for you Good luck Barbara Goodnight All xx Liz hope you get sorted with your washer xx <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Oct 2020 12:02

Oh Liz and I thought i had problems!
Gosh a lot going on, no wonder you are down.If you got someone , say a plumber to sort out the essential problems, would you OH get upset or annoyed by it.?

Could your son bring a plumber with him to get things sorted.?You need the washing machine and the bath etc to function.They are necessary for daily living.

Its strange how in life when one thing goes wrong, its usually followed by something else, never fails. But I do try hard to think of this. For every negative thing that goes wrong, try and turn it into a positve by the end of the day.

Sometimes that isnt easy I know.

Amongst all the things that have happened to me this week, One good thing that has happened is that after 6 months of having to sleep sitting up all night,finally i can lay down once again and no shortness of breath. I have had the best nights sleep for the last 4 nights.

So for me although ive been down and upset, overcoming my sleeping problem is a positive. It wont make the other things better, but it has made me feel a little better.

Sending you some healing hugs Liz and hope things will get sorted for you soon.
<3 xx

Hope everyone else is ok today.
Its cold, wet & windy here,,,,,just the usual!!

Florence in the hebrides

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Oct 2020 05:29

Hi all

I think everyone is getting low with the situation we are in but I think things could get worse, sadly. I am so frustrated that I can't find the energy to do all I want. Partner is getting low too. Everything seems to be going wrong, for some reason the hot tap on the bath has stopped working properly so water won't come out. Luckily we don't seem to have a leak but altho partner knows what to do he isn't up to dealing with it. We will only have an immersion heater as no central heating and altho in 2007 partner put in an electric shower over the bath he never finished the installation and there's no deal between the bath and tiles so we can't use the shower. He won't get trades people in so we are a bit stuck till my son can get round to try to help.

The patio door lock has not worked for several weeks. Again it needs a tradesman or someone strong to help lift the door to realign it so another job for my son. It's getting partner down that he can't do as much as he used to and neither can I. All I do is sleep. Oh well, at least we are still alive!I

Florence, I hope things work out for you and you can soon find a place to settle into. It's horrible when you don't have a sympathetic doctor to give support and a shame that your hours have been cut.

Ann, I hope your scar heals well.

Joan, try not to get too sad, keep plodding on and eating good meals to keep you well.

Barbara, hope the flu jab goes ok and the ecg too.

As we say in Norfolk, keep on a troshing! (Keep going)

Lizxx

P.s. Forgot to say, washing machine has started leaking too!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 9 Oct 2020 21:39

Barbara, I made soup earlier, the place still smells of it, so if anyone comes tomorrow that is what they will smell! Thanks for the advice though, good thought!

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Oct 2020 17:44

Florence before next viewing burn some milk in a pan it might work put them off not nice people walking through your property they only really need layout can come back for more thougher view at later date Thanks Ann should be okay just a little flutter every now & again .glad your hospital visit is over for you . you will look a Bonney lass again x Liz Joan Take Care Barbara :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 9 Oct 2020 17:24

Hello Ann
Just to say glad all went well at the hospital with your face. Hope it wasnt too sore and it will soon heal and the scars fade.

We now have a bright sunny evening after all the horrid wintry showers....always the same here.The evenings are always calmer, but far too chilly to go out for a walk.

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Oct 2020 16:30

Hello everyone. Just back from having the 7 stitches out on my face, still looks weird though as steri strips have been put back on the scar to help it heal (hospital instructions to practice nurse.

Florence sorry you are having such a rotten time. and I am not surprised that you are feeling down, as Joan says we all are to some extent because of covid then you have other problems adding to that. I find I can cope with the virus and I can cope with OH and his mobility problems but the two together sometimes overwhelm me and I have found myself in tears several times at the impossibility of the situation.

Joan I hope none of the staff in the shop are making you feel uncomfortable. Have you managed to get hold of one of the lanyards that indicate that you are exempt.
Fish and chips sounds nice. One of OH's problems is he has lost his appetite, it is so soul destroying cooking meals for him that he only eats part of. And I am having to cook him really small portions.

Barbra good luck with the ECG Maybe heart flutters just thinking about Geirge Clooney then. :-) <3

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 9 Oct 2020 16:12

Hello.

Oh Florence what a horrible time you are having, things were not that good for you before the house went up for sale but since then things have been very difficult for you.
I really hope that something better will happen for you very soon.

I can understand how you must be feeling especially feeling down, I hate the lockdown restrictions & have several times burst into tears over it, we only go out once a week for our shopping & I feel very anxious when getting ready to go out & having to face people especially the staff who MIGHT question me regarding having no mask on as I would get very tearful trying to explain! though I know they cannot ask why!!

Nott been outside today, it's a nice bright sunny day but a bit on the windy side which makes it rather chilly, so just had a tidy round to keep on top of things in the house.
Home made Fish & Chips for tea, looking forward to that, it's what we seem to do much more of these days....eat!! mainly because we are stuck indoors for much longer periods, it's going to be a looong winter!!

Off to prepare the tea so must say cheerio for now, take care Florence, home soup & loaf sounds lovely, I haven't made soup in a while, but winter isn't far away so likely to be making some very soon,

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 9 Oct 2020 13:46

Great news Joan.
Barbara hope you ECG goes well too.

Saw some snow on the mountains today and had some heavy hail showers too! Its very cold and had the heating on quite a bit last few days.

Had a couple to look at the house yesterday. They were very keen! Have to say i felt very uncomfortable sitting in the kitchen whilst the owner showed them every room.
The house is tidy but just the fact that complete strangers were in my bedroom etc...

been an awful week for me. The Dr that phoned was really horrid and not very helpful re getting back to work in a safe environment. he told me I should wear a mask and stop making a fuss basically . When I came off the teI, I had a dizzy spell and burst into tears. As if that wasnt enough HR emailed me to say they are reducing my hours by 2 a week. So now I only have 17.5 hours!!!

Really feel the whole world is against me just now...surely things have to get better?

I know there are people worse off than me for many reasons but eveything is getting me down.
Father is off to Corfu for 3 weeks! he doesnt care about the virus as hes old and this may be his last holiday. I said if u catch the virus, it def will be ur last!

Off to make some veggie soup and a loaf in the breadmaker. Comfort food for later, we all need it.

Liz, Ann hope you are keeping ok and anyone else Ive forgotten.

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Oct 2020 11:50

Good morning just how is everybody today I am okay got Flu jab next Wednesday local Town Hall have an ECG Tuesday having a bit of a heart flutter ? No George Clooney not been :-) very wet day so not doing much just a tidy up got shopping Thursday keep safe all take care Barbara xx :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Oct 2020 01:54

Good to have that positive news, Joan. Hopefully we will get some fine days before really cold weather hits us so you can finish your outside jobs.

Take care everyone

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Oct 2020 23:24

Great news Joan look after yourself Goodnight All xx

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 5 Oct 2020 16:18

Good afternoon, another dreary day here, not happy that we can't get outside to finish off the outdoor jobs, not much left to do & wanted to have things done before the really cold weather arrives!

Been baking again ( passes the time) made a Coffee cake yesterday, sooo yummy, not good for ones figure but what the heck!

Hope everyone is well, thinking about Florence & her problems, not the best time of year to have to look for somewhere else to live etc, I really hope things work out for you.

Phoned our Health Centre today, re my Echogram results, Dr has said....No further action needed, yippee.
So relieved.

Joan.