General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 3 + 1 of 19

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Oct 2020 12:32

Put a couple of shrimps in your kitchen were they can't be seen or a bottle of milk
With sell buy long gone smell might put buyer off ;-) hello all bright but cold today Stay safe Barbara :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 Oct 2020 07:26

So annoying when that happens Ann!

I am now joined to the fb group the chap's set up so I can watch progress. It's lovely when neighbours get together to improve their area. I really don't want the saplings to die off as we didn't need them, our hazel is as tall as the house now and gives loads of nuts. .There will probably be more growing next year as the squirrel has been around the garden again, even close to the patio doors so probably hiding/planting nuts again.

Lizxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Oct 2020 09:38

I just wrote quite a long reply then my computer wouldn't load it and GR web site went down (on my PC).

florence, I hope the person doesn't like your house and that you can find somewhere else soon. It is a worry that you don't need isn't it?

Liz, a nice idea to donate your plants hope the weather improves so it can happen soon.

We had a lovely sunny day on Thursday but it has been horrible since.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 4 Oct 2020 02:48

It was so wet we postponed the tree removal, we would all have been drenched! The chap isn't expecting many helpers tomorrow due to the bad weather so best to wait a while till the weather dries out a bit (hopefully).

I hope the viewers at your house will not be interested, Florence, and you get more time to find a new home. You don't need the stress and upheaval right now.

Stay safe, warm and dry!

Lizxx

Florence61

Florence61 Report 3 Oct 2020 21:08

Thats a lovely thing to do Liz and Im sure it will be appreciated. Very kind of your son to help your partner too.

owner of my house has someone interested already and im already getting very stressed as there are very few properties around to rent at the moment.

Just hope they wont like the house and im here until after the new year when things could change for me, fingers crossed.

Been a showery day and very cold but not so windy but not a day for being outside.

We may still get an Indian summer yet...Heres hoping.

Take care all

florence in the hebrides

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 3 Oct 2020 05:01

Hi Barbara and all

Hope everyone's ok and coping with this miserable weather. Constant rain for over a week now and quite windy too.
I have a chap coming later today to take some of the squirrel-planted hazel saplings from our tubs and other plants we have too many of, ornamental grasses and such. He and others are sorting out a community garden close to the centre of Norwich so I thought I would answer his plea for plants etc I hope it will flourish and not get vandalised One can only hope!

My son has said he will come to help my partner do some repairs he can''t manage. My son is very patient with him and hopefully he can make partner less anxious about things getting done before wnter.I

I am still hoping for an Indian summer, am I crazy lol?

Take care all.

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 Oct 2020 13:03

Hello Ann Joan Liz Florence .hope your alright today bright but chilly trying to sort hanging baskets & pots they need dead heading & putting away we have had some frost got baskets with winter flowers see how they go on .right enjoy your weekend stay safe & warm Take Care Barbarax

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 30 Sep 2020 13:45

Hello, not able to go into the garden today, it's rather windy & now it's raining, it's dissappointing as we haven't too much more to do, a few straggly branches to lop & a Rugosa hedge to cut back needs at least to be reduced by half as it's too hight ( about 5 foot atm )
Once that's done there will just be leaves to keep on top of when they fall!

Having Corned Beef hash for team nice & simple but very filling! lol.

Shopping tomorrow, not really looking forward to it this week due to Morrisons putting queing in place again!
I'm not able to stand for long periods now, I am ok so long as I am on the move but just standing is not pleasant., & hubby is worse,both standing & going round the store is not that easy for him!

So i'm off to do a bit of dusting! then I am going to attempt to put my new Electric Blanket onto our bed! it looks rather nice, it has a fitted skirt so "should" stay in place better than those with strings.
Our last one had elastic on the corners & I liked it,but it was old & needed replacing, couldn't find one the same so went with one with the fitted skirt, it's called Dreamcatcher, just basic but has dual controls, will do us nicely.

I have had/used an Electric blanket for years since I was about 6 yrs old (had aching legs as a child, growing pains!!) after all this time I wouldn't want to be without one.

Righto girls, time to say cheerio, be good, take care.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 30 Sep 2020 11:44

Hello Florence when youngest son was home it was endless washing & ironing got good at ironing shirts x it's wet here a bit breezy no two days the same I could bake some cheese scones think Joan could make us A chocolate cake don't know about Ann or Liz have to ask them x what's your speciality ? a bit more tidying up then it's pasta for lunch Take Care All who look in Barbara :-) when I worked as a baker in a small shop we made those tiny Hovis loaves & eat one straight from the oven if I did that now would be looking for Rennies I would I have indigestion good old days loved that job was slim then didn't eat much cake after baking all morning x

Florence61

Florence61 Report 30 Sep 2020 11:33

Good morning peeps
Well we had a very stormy night but the wind has died down although still breezy.
Like others, i try to do housework and sorting out paoperwork to try and keep busy and my mind active.
But with a 23 yr old daughter, believe me there is always washing!! So I have plenty of ironing to do.

Hoping to hear at end of week about contracts for coming year. All the support staff are getting worried as local council will cut as many hours as they can from our jobs but its the poor children with need who are losing out!

Just have to try & stay positive.

Hope everyone else ok today.

We could have a virtual afternoon tea on this thread with all of us saying what we will bring to eat?

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Sep 2020 15:38

Hello all, fairly bright today it was very cold first thing this morning but is 17 degrees now, still in short sleeves indoors but nippy outside.
Yes Barbra we have had our flu jabs, not that we are going far to catch flu at the moment, it is as much as OH can do to walk from upstairs to downstairs. Still he has a second Osteopath appointment Friday, maybe that will help. I have an appointment for a minor op to remove a basal cell carcinoma from my face (on my cheek) so not looking forward to having stitches on my face.

you will soon have finished all the garden work Joan, we keep looking at all that needs doing in ours but OH just can't manage it unfortunately. I do what I can and he manages to water the hanging baskets (I am not tall enough.

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 28 Sep 2020 15:28

Hello everyone.

Nice fine dry day here, the wind has dropped & it's reasonably warm as well so a rather nice day all round.
Been out & put some more paint on the potting shed, looks really bonny, soo much better than it was, we also needed to get some low lying branches off a couple of trees at the back of the shed as they were hanging over the roof & making that part of the garden rather dark, we need some more branches removing but we can't reach them all so daughter will come over & do that for us.

The garden is looking much better, it has been hard going but it's almost back to how it used to be, never thought we would ever see it nice again!

Barbara, don't go mad on the housework, lol, I am sooo caught up with housework I have very little that needs doing in the house, lol, can't even drum up enough washing to make a full load, so stretching out washing days till we have plenty, I can't be doing putting on the W machine for just a few things, lol.

Hope all is well with everyone, enjoy what's left of the day, take care.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Sep 2020 12:39

Hello Joan & All who look in a dull wet day just housework today trying my best to keep everywhere tidy is it me or why do I need motivating maybe cause we don't have visitors with the Covid 19 about. .Seeing the nurse Tuesday annual blood test .has anybody had flu jab yet ? We are waiting for a letter .right of to make some lunch Take care Barbara :-) x

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 27 Sep 2020 14:17

Hi Barbara & all the girls,

A bit on the cool side today, bit dull & looks as though it might rain at some point!
I am hot able to venture out today as yet, busy cooking the Sunday dinner, Chicken & all that goes with it, I am hoping to get outside perhaps later on! depends on the weather really.

The shed needs another coat & I would very much like to get it finished, I have also decided to have one of the garden seats taken down, it's the type that has sides & top on it, an Arbour type, very heavy, hubby fixed in place some years ago.
I had planned to paint it but on looking closely at it it's really not worth painting, it's looking a bit wonkey & rickety now.

Made a lovely chocolate cate last night, we have already had a piece each, it's just yummy, very moist. will have some more later on with our fly cup, I don't think it will last long, lol.

Our youngest daughter was to be visiting next weekend, but NS has laid down more/new rules re visiting & so we won't see her her hubby or their little boy (3yrs) So dissappointed as we haven't seen them for almost a year! & of course I have been ill since we last saw them & our daughter is so wanting to come up & see me.

Well girls I must get on & see to the dinner etc, have a nice day, take care.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Sep 2020 13:35

Afternoon al how is everybody sunny day after a cold frosty night looks a nice day now just had shepherds pie & veg .Rhubarb pie custard later Take Care Barbara x

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 Sep 2020 18:00

Evening ladies it's gone cold in the last hour heating is on Sun still out though Florence hope your feeling better Joan you were thwated with the weather .Liz look after yourself times are hard just now thinking about you x Ann hope your alright Keep safe & warm over the Weekend Bye For Now Barbara x :-)

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 25 Sep 2020 12:12

Hi, well, just as I was sorting myself out to go outside & make a start on painting the rest of the shed it started to rain! hasn't lasted long but it was very heavy.
The rain has now stopped & the sun is shining once again but everything is well & truely soaked, so it looks like I will ne doing some indoor housework today!

Florence, I do hope you are feeling a bit better today, you are not having a good time just now are you, I do so hope things will pick up for you very soon, take care.

Hubby is back from the village shop so off to have a cuppa & a look at the local evening paper & read todays doom & gloom!

Joan.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Sep 2020 07:41

Florence, try not to get too stressed, as it might have been the lack of sleep causing you to feel dizzy. It is possible you are in a vicious circle of stress therefore lack of sleep therefore stress.

Hope everyone's problems will ease. Yes Ann, we could do a virtual night meet lol

I am just sleeping and sleeping, partner is fed up because of the constant rain in the last couple of days, it means he can't potter about outside.

It seems as tho everything is going wrong in the house. Light switches are not working, bathroom basin hot tap broke after o.h. took it apart to clean it (not something he's done before), patio door lock is not working properly, etc etc. Partner is just not up to fixing things anymore which upsets and frustrates him. He hates the thought of a stranger/handyman coming in but what choice is there?

I wish I could send him off to his son"s for a week and get things sorted but that won't happen, they haven't room for him and wouldn't want him there anyway, he isn't d.i.I's favourite person.

Heyho! Stay safe and well.

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Sep 2020 22:28

Florence hope you sleep tonight life is so difficult just now lsten to some music have you a small radio put it on your pillow sorry you feel like you do Take Care Barbara x

Florence61

Florence61 Report 24 Sep 2020 21:23

Well got word from the OH that the Dr is tel me on......wed 7th Oct at 11am!!!! What a long time to wait.

Anyway my own GP tel today and we went through everything.But this morning I took a very bad dizzy turn in the kitchen. Really thought i was going to pass out and hung on for dear life to the cupboard handle so i didnt fall. It passed after a few minutes and then i was ok. I was anxious for the rest of the day.

When i told him what happened earlier and the way I feel, he has put me off sick for a month. If I have another turn like this am, then driving again might not be possible and I have to tel dr straightaway.

I am feeling very nervous and edgy tonight, just not sure why but I guess its stress & worrying about everything.
Heres hoping I can sleep tonight as last nite I hardly did.

Florence in the hebrides