General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 6 + 1 of 19

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 31 Aug 2020 20:33

Joan hope the echo goes well.Since my op, Ive had 2 done and would seem that heart is now working well.Yes took about 1/2. hour
Good luck

Florence in the hebrides

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 31 Aug 2020 13:23

Hi Liz, hubby likes to go early for the shopping, it's much quieter at around 8-30 am, he takes his time around 2 + hrs all told to shop & travelling so for me to sit in the car etc wouldn't be much "fun" lol,

He should get home in time to snatch a cuppa before we have to set off for the H Centre, I'm told the actual Echo scan takes approx 1/2 an hour ,plus any waiting time before & dressing again after.

We shall take our time were possible & no doubt we shall doze off when we get back home, lol.

Joan.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Aug 2020 03:11

Joan, wouldn't it be easier for your hubby to take you to your appointment first and then to the supermarket , with you waiting in the car or coffee shop if necessary?I
It would save a double journey and give you a change of scene!I

Lizxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Aug 2020 02:56

Hi all,

Hope everyone's coping with this changeable weather! Hopefully we will get some more nice days without all the wind and rain. I notice the days are getting shorter very quickly now which is sad. If we get further lockdowns it will be quite depressing for many.

My partner went to see his dad in the care home yesterday, with one of his sisters. Two visitors at a time, it was suggested that they go late morning as he just sleeps during afternoon visits. It was his father's 89th birthday. Sadly the birthday boy didn't respond at all! My partner and his sister had to open the cards for him and their dad barely woke up at all even tho he had been taken to see them in the conservatory. He took no notice of gifts, cards or conversation. They have no idea of medication he's on, whether he's sedated or what. They were both upset to see their dad this way and both expressed the feeling that it would be kinder if he went to sleep and didn't wake up. It's awful to see a once very active man reduced to a shell yet still he survives, oblivious to most of what goes on around him.
Hence one very sad and depressed partner!

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 30 Aug 2020 16:49

Bless her Joan great experience for her still lots of time to change career :-D cloudy here but dry got dogs beds & blankets done .Hello All x having a sandwich & cuppa Bye for now Barbara

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 30 Aug 2020 16:01

Hello, lovely day here, makes one feel so much better & want to do things.
Just had our Sunday dinner, Chicken & all the trimmings, lol.

Did some more baking yesterday, Yorkshire Parkin, this time, turned out smashing, so scrummy, so morish, an easy recipe just lots of ingredients.lol.

Just been watching a video that our daughter took of our grandaughter (8) in a small plane, belonging to a family friend, she flew over our house & absolutely loved every minute of it,

The Pilot was impressed with grandaughter, apparently they came upon a big black cloud & she was watching it rain, such excitement for a little girl who is not afraid of trying anyting!

She did want to be a farmer until today, now she wants to be a Pilot! LOL.

Joan.

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 29 Aug 2020 14:07

Hi everyone, Well I have got my Echocardiograph appointment, not a very convenient day or time as it is on the same day as hubby does our weekly shop!
He's hardly going to be back from doing the shopping then we need to set off back to town to get to the Health Centre.

I don't want to cancel for another date as it has taken almost 4 mths for the one I have been given, will just have to get on with it, just hope hubby can cope with it all going on on the same day!

Not done very much today, just tidied round, might do some baking before tea so as to have something nice to have after our tea, lol.
Doing a Salad today so an easy meal to do.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Aug 2020 14:52

Hello All hope ur okay bit cloudy but fine breezy washing out . Nearly weekend again .Waiting for gardener he cuts grass every two weeks .have some plants need putting in the front garden pot bound so need moving. I am .going to be doing winter baskets in September have four to do. You all take care stay safe enjoy weekend . Barbara x :-)

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 27 Aug 2020 17:05

Hi everyone, bit airish but a nice fine & dry day for us today, but no sunshine.

Been & got my dose of B12 this afternoon, all went well, but it nearly ddn't happen!! the nurse asked for my B12 stuff which I didn't have! Seemingly I should have been told to arrange for it to be added to my repeat prescription! no-one told me that, not the DR not the hospital, however the nurse had some "spare" so I was able to have the jab.

Not done much today because of having to go out (there & back) but I am planning to do some baking after tea.
Hoping the weather will be good tomorrow as I really would like to do a bit more in the garden.

Right girls tea-time once again so I best be off, take care.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 25 Aug 2020 17:23

Good afternoon peeps. Well its dry but very breezy here. At least no midges because of the wind!
I received a 2nd reply from the seller who was less than helpful and wouldnt offer a refund so I said I would take the matter further.
I went on Amazon chat ,explained and a very nice man listened and then said he understood completely and had no qualms in refunding me straightaway and also as a gesture of goodwill has given me a voucher for £10 off my next order with Amazon. I thanked him kindly. So a good result eventually and iI'm happy now.

I also got word from my work today that I can start my phased return in the local school. I can catch the school bus from outside my house and get it back too. So I start my phased return on mon 7th Sept and will see how I get on.

Home alone for the 2nd week as daughter gone back to her dads til Friday. It's actually nice to have the place to myself and its still tidy..lol

Hope all well with everyone
Florence in the hebrides.

Off to make a prawn and salmon stir fry for my tea..

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 24 Aug 2020 13:29

Hello to one & all, fine & dry here but the sun is in & out! can't seem to make up it's mind what to do. lol!

I'm just taking a tea break from my porch painting, I am working on the door that goes from the porch into the kitchen, it has 15 small glass panels in it & rather fiddley working around the edges of the glass!! hate doing those bits but will get there in the end, just one problem with painting the porch side of the goor, I am going to HAVE to do the kitchen side as the new paint on one side is showing up the old on the other! lol.

I am just working away very carefully, I know my limits & take regular breaks.

Hope everyone is keeping fine, Florence the dye carry on sounds just awful, getting your machine back to normal would take some doing!

Well back to the painting, don't want to stop for too long otherwise I might not want to go back to it, bye for now.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 24 Aug 2020 10:52

Good morning peeps.
Quite a chilly day here, overcast but dry....for now

Yes the dye was from Dylon. I mailed the seller then the manufacturer. The seller told me to contact Dylon direct by email whichIi did. Very unhelpful. They wanted photographs of the clothes labels but they are all faded which I explained. They said then they couldn't help me any further!! I emailed the seller who then asked me the same question. Neither offiered me a refund even though I wasn't happy with the product. So I emailed seller again expressing my annoyance at the lack of response to my query.
I shall update you when I hear back. I took hours cleaning the machine and half a bottle of liquid detergent which isn.t cheap!!

Joan you really have been so busy but take care not to overdo it. Enjoy your scones and rock cakes. Ann hope you enjoy your drive out and weather stays dry for you.

I may venture out for a short walk this afternoon if the blooming midges go away grrrr!!!

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Aug 2020 08:39

Good morning all, so far sunny but breezy here, hoping to go for a drive to St Bees later. So good to see you back to your busy enthusiastic self Joan. :-)

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 23 Aug 2020 19:50

Good evening.

Not the best of weather today, first the sun shone then it rained, back to sun for a wee while then the rain again! been like that most of the day.

Our eldest daughter came over & helped lop a tree, & grandaughter came with her & she planted some Snowdrop bulbs that I had dug up.
I usually plant my Snowdrops when they have finished flowering & still have their leaves on, however this time I had an area that needed planting up & I wanted to fill it up with my own Snowdrops & so I dug up a good lot to fill in the large space.

I shall add some Grape Hyacinths as well, but will wait for my ones to come up next year when they go to seed, they are sooo easy to grow from seed.

I have almost finished painting the back porch, just have the side of the kitchen door that faces into the porch to do, another glass panelled door.

I would very much like to paint the exterior of the porch but some of the sill is bad & needs replacing, problem is how to get the bad bit out !!
It goes underneath the frame so not an easy job to replace even just the small bit but too far rotten to just fill it in!!

Well that's it for this time, off to do some baking, Dropped Scones & Rock Cakes this time.

Cheerio.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Aug 2020 16:31

Hello All windy & showers here today yes Ann got some nice things to take to charity shop & I can close wardrobe door :-D found some new shoes 2pair never been out of the box don't know what I am worth right of for some Tea Take Care Barbara

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Aug 2020 15:50

Good afternoon all, very blustery and showery in north Cumbria so we have not been out. Best to stay away from places indoors like garden centres at the weekend as it will be crowded.

Yes Joan fish and chips for us yesterday. As well.

Florence was the dye a well known make? Maybe the clthes were too old for the material to take the dye. Sounds a messy business.

Barbra have you got a large bag ful for charity now and a wardrobe door that shuts.?

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 21 Aug 2020 16:31

Good afternoon, changable today, some sun then rain & a bit windy to boot, so no outdoor jobs can be done.

Instead I have made a start on painting the inside of the porch, quite a big porch with 4 large window panals & a glass panelld door, done one of the window frames so far, might do another after tea, looking good so far.

oh dear Florence, shame about the dye not working! I have only tried it once, years ago & it wasn't very successful!

Just making our Fish & Chips feeling hungry having worked up an appetite with the cleaning & painting, lol.

Must go now, see you later.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 21 Aug 2020 14:46

Hello Florence Joan .Ann G Liz .Gwyn any one else who look in. hope your all okay have a good weekend., Florence hope you get an answer from Amazon it is very windy here heavy rain during the night done my shopping local so staying put now going out Tuesday hard life isn't it :-) sorting things out in my wardrobe need to sort clothes to get to charity shops next week can't close my wardrobe door :-) Take Care Stay safe Barbara

Florence61

Florence61 Report 21 Aug 2020 12:47

Good after everyone. Not a bad day here, bright & sunny but quite chilly out of the sun and no wind so probably the midges will be about.

I had a reply from the seller of the Dye and he suggested I mailed Dylon direct, so I did. Yesterday they replied saying could I photograph the labels on all the clothes and mail them. As these clothes are quite old and well used, the labels are faded. I mailed them back explaining that and also that I would like a refund as wasn't happy either with the mess it made of my machine.

Well they replied saying if you can't provide the photo showing the label then we cant help you further!

I have just fired an email back to the seller via Amazon to let them know the position. maybe as a goodwill gesture, they will refund me. Have to wait & see.

Daughter has been away all week to see her brother , dad & nanna etc first time since mar. I have enjoyed a tidy house for a few days but have missed speaking to a single soul in person.

Hope all ok with anyone who looks in .Take care & stay safe

Florence in the hebrides

Florence61

Florence61 Report 20 Aug 2020 09:31

Good morning peeps.
Well what a change in the weather today compared to a beautiful warm sunny day yesterday.
Storm Ellen has arrived and its blowing a hooley. Looking very Autumnal now. Really feel that summer has gone.

Liz how did the dying go? Hmmmm, well it didn't and I have just fired off an email complaining. The jackets didn't look any different, the faded jeans a little better and the 2 jumpers no change of colour what so ever. I spent over 4 hours continuously cleaning and rinsing the machine as there were black bits everywhere, so not impressed.
The pack of 4 cost me just over £22.00 but the time spent on cleaning, electricity etc probably cost another £1o.oo.

Anyway wont be trying that again and shall now wait & see what the company says.I'll keep you posted.

Joan, you really have been so busy in your garden. Glad you are feeling better and are able again. The dr has stopped my water tablets as they were giving me terrible dizzy spells but actually my feet so far are not puffy...Hope it stays that way as Im hoping to return to work on the 7th Sep on a phased return.
Im actually waiting for someone to ring me back today about that.

Well better crack on with some chores i guess as It's an indoor day today.

Hope everyone that looks in is well

Florence in the hebrides.