General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 7 + 1 of 19

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 18 Aug 2020 14:20

Hello Florence you sound busy with your clothes hope they come out the colour you want x it's a bit dull here but still warm been out to local shops the village was busy seem visitors are coming from England. .Up to now DGalloway haven't had many Corvid 19 cases .our doggies are fine the older one was really fed up 16 now but she likes her gel bed x still waiting my Cataract done on left eye February told needed op .hope I get appointment soon .as need new glasses .right hope all okay who look in not doing much the rest of the day Stay safe Take Care Barbara :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 16 Aug 2020 19:42

Good evening peeps

Well its been a lovely sunny day but for the midges in their millions, so we couldnt sit outside...You just cant win in this place.

Im getting my hair done next saturday.Highlights and a good trim so in need of an MOT..lol

Good for you joan and your reduction in water pills.
I am only on 1/2 a strong tablet a day, but the dizzy spells have returned and are really quite strong! I shall have to tel Dr tomorrow and have a chat.

Ann hope you enjoy your break away and weather continues to stay fine.

Gwyn I saw the water on the M25 and hailstones!!!! Oh my was unreal

Liz sorry for your OH's dad. That must be a worry and irritating.Especially as he fell asleep..poor man. Hope you gardener gets back on track soon as that will brighten you up channelling your energy into the garden. I always find it thereputic when im gardening. The only other thing I do to unwind is to go for a long walk along a beach, sunny or cold doesnt matter. but aways clears my mind and feel better.

Barbara hope all ok with you, glad you got your hair done too. Hope your pooches have managed to cool down.

Bought some clothes dye..black. Tomorrow Im going to revive 3 black jackets and a faded pair of black jeans. Then ive a purple jumper and a green one. Going to try and dye those! So plenty to keep me busy all week.

Take care and stay safe

Florence in the hebrides :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 Aug 2020 20:05

All OK here and we're glad that yesterday was cooler. Back to hot today, but not so fierce as last few days.
Looking forward to getting my 'lockdown locks' trimmed this coming week.

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Aug 2020 19:27

Hello Gwyn how are you saw there was flooding on the m25 & other areas we have had no rain for over a week in Dumfries & Galloway like you should have had some thunder but nothing Thank full really but could do with some rain enjoy your evening & rest of the weekend Barbara

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 Aug 2020 18:19

Oh for some of that rain, Ann.

Gardens have grass that looks like hay and our 'lawn' has huge cracks through lack of water. We have been asked to limit how much gardens are watered, because of the high demand over the heatwave, so only the tomatoes are getting some.
Each day, we've watched the forecast and watched for the predicted thunderstorms coming across The Channel, but they have so far bypassed us, although elsewhere in the county the roads have been flooded.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Aug 2020 14:37

Poured with rain here since I last posted.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Aug 2020 14:37

Poured with rain here since I last posted.

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Aug 2020 13:26

Hello All x hope your okay Ann enjoy your holiday have a good journey Beautiful Day again really warm .had the grass cut Friday need some bushes cutting back waiting till it cools down a bit Take Care Bye for now Barbara xx :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Aug 2020 09:34

Good morning all. Joan that is great news, both about the water pills and not using your stick. Now don't go out there tackling the garden, you will soon get it back to what it was gardens are very resillient.

grey and damp here today, we are paying for the heatwave. :-) :-) :-)

Packing today to go up to our daughter's for 2 weeks.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Aug 2020 09:34

Good morning all. Joan that is great news, both about the water pills and not using your stick. Now don't go out there tackling the garden, you will soon get it back to what it was gardens are very resillient.

grey and damp here today, we are paying for the heatwave. :-) :-) :-)

Packing today to go up to our daughter's for 2 weeks.

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Aug 2020 14:40

Afternoon All. Joan good news for you so glad you are feeling better must be a determined lady x beautiful day again hot bit of a breeze so not doing much again x apart from stripped the bed & it's on the Rottary Airer outside Enjoy your weekend Stay safe Bye Barbara :-)

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 14 Aug 2020 12:59

Hello everyone.

Overcast today, not sure if we will get rain at some point, hope not as I would like to do a bit more in the garden!

Been to see the Dr this morning, he checked my tummy,lungs & ankles & was very happy, I have been taking 3 water pills per day, (fluid retention) one of one kind & 2 of the other, today he has stopped the one that I took 2 of each day, so now down to taking just the other W pill once a day, pleased about that, maybe be able to cut down on my loo visits!! LOL.

Still waiting for my my appointment for an echogram test, & my b12 injection is due next week, I went to the H Centre without my W stick & managed fine, so all in all I am one happy bunny.

Hope everyone is ok enjoy your weekends.

Joan.

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 13 Aug 2020 16:52

Hi, cooler today, & damp feeling, stayed dry thank goodness, spent a bit of time in the garden daughter came over to help lop some branches of a couple of small trees,in front of the house, let some light in.

Still a long way to go to get the garden back to how it was before I bacame ill, the overgrowth really upset me but hopefully, in time, we will manage to get it back to how it used to be.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 13 Aug 2020 16:19

Good afternoon how are you Ann G .Joan .Florence Liz a beautiful day here again .couldn't sleep last night to warm up at 7am having a brew .Our two doggies are really warm got two gell beds to try to cool them down .enjoy your Evening Barbara x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Aug 2020 11:11

Good morning. That is sad Liz but hopefully his Dad doesn't realise how he is. It is always the relatives that suffer the most. The heat must affect them terribly when they can't get into the shade them selves. At least he was able to say he was hot. Sad for your OH though. but good that he went to see his dad.

I have a hair appointmnet this morning. Not looking forward to 40 minutes in a mask and waiting in the car while OH has his cut.

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Aug 2020 11:04

Liz it must be so hard for your OH to see his Dad like he is now poor man he just wants to sleep God Love him the Virus as you say has taken so many lives tragic .None of us know when our time is up Thank goodness we don't. Life can be hard lost my own Dad to Alzheimers he didn't know me heart breaking. Hope your okay x Morning anyone looks in lovely day again not going out just chilling to hot to do much enjoy your day keep cool Stay safe Barbara x :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Aug 2020 02:54

Joan, I remember you have had several problems caused by the farmer etc.

Today o.h. had an appointment to see his father, at the care home, it's been a couple of months since he saw him through his bedroom window.. This time o.h.'s Dad was brought out in his wheelchair after o.h. had his temperature checked, and they sat distanced under a large umbrella. O.h. said his father just stared at him and fell asleep and obviously didn't recognize him. He slept intermittently through the visit. O.h.tried to take a photo but had to wake his dad to do it. O.h. tried to talk with him but he got no responses until after a while his dad said he was hot. The appointments are only 30 mins every 2 weeks. O.h. moved his dad more in the shade but still he said he was hot so o.h. took him back to the entrance. That was it! So sad. Dad is coming up to his 89th birthday at the end of the month. It sounds awful to say This but it makes me wonder why he can go on merely existing in this limbo, yet there have been so many others taken from their loved ones at a young age. It makes no sense.

Take care everyone, onwards and upwards

Lizxx

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 11 Aug 2020 12:58

Good afternoon to everyone.

Hi Liz, most of the time we don't see anything of the farmer or his workers but every now & again one or other of them does something & it's usually serious so as to disrupt our lives!!

Really sorry to gear of your difficulties at the moment, keep your chin up lass, not easy I know, it's an awful feeling when things are not going right & everything that is happening around us makes us sad.

I am beginning to feel rather isolated just now because I haven't been outside the house for sooo long,makes me unhappy, frustrated & MAD all at the same time, my outlet is shouting at the TV! the news channels particularly when "they" talk of the Virus!j the daily output especially that by N Sturgon really gets to me!!

We have another lovely sunny day here today, again it's a little too warm for me but I am coping with it, just! lol.
No idea what to have for tea today, going to have to get my thinking cap on!

Well girls off to have a serious think about todays meal, take care of yourselves.

Joan.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Aug 2020 02:41

Hi all

Feeling bit better now. Thanks for al! your kind words.

I am sorry you lost your power Joan but glad it wasn't off too long. That farmer is the bane of your life eh?I

Florence, thank you for the healing energy and hugs. unfortunately my son doesn't have a lot on of time spare to take o.h. out and his fiancee doesn't want to spend time with o.h.since the last fracas. This makes life difficult and is why son came round on his own for my birthday last month. I can see more problems of they go ahead with hopes to have a baby soon, she won't want o.h. In contact with little one.

I hope to meet up an old schoolfriend soon, so we can have a laugh. My gardener friend who was going to help with my garden and fence at my own house had a detached retina op last week so is out of action for a while, puts my work way down the list now. I don't trust anyone else to do what I want. I feel it's one step forward, two back!!I

Love to all

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 10 Aug 2020 15:49

Joan enjoy your fry up. You can get the badges on line had a look yesterday hope you can get one x Florence there are some dirty beggers about leaving rubbish it's disgusting happening all over .Liz thinking about you x Ann G hope you & OH are okay .weather changing here gone cloudy rain forecast later. right Ladies Take Care Stay safe Barbara :-)