General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 3 + 1 of 15

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 28 Mar 2020 21:36

Lol Barbara. My hair is long so I often get him to cut it after I have washed it. I met comb it back and he trims straight across the bottom. I always used to do his hair, what little he has of it but more recently he'd been going to the barber so he has a beard trim too. Now he'll have to let me loose on his hair against lol

I am sorry you and o.h. aren't so well but hope the antibiotics are working.

Take care everyone, hope we hear from Joan and others soon.

Love and socially isolated hugs

Lizxxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 30 Mar 2020 16:29

Hello whoever looks in Joan Florence. Ann G Liz .x a bright day again a bit nippy though had to have handy man as a gap appeared in Conservatery roof he said all okay now so that's done he mowed the grass looks tidy ..he said trying to keep going doing odd gardening jobs but that's all, .expecting Asda order today a lot of substitutes but at least we will be alright for two weeks or maybe more Take Care Keep safe all of you <3 xx Barbara

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Apr 2020 11:51

Hello again All .damp day a bit of rain got one or two more pots done had some plants got on line seem okay need yo do something havent been out for two weeks now oh sulking as usual fed up .the country is going through so much but hey thats him right Keep safe Take Care Barbara <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Apr 2020 14:59

hi Barbra. Yes, we have been in for 2 weeks now as well. Our neighbour got a few bits I wanted today. one thing she couldn't get was courgettes. strange they always seem to have loads.

We had a delivery from the local garden centre so that will keep himself occupied for a while, compost. grow bags, farmyard manure and a few packets of seeds.

I seem to have spent half the morning disinfecting things coming through the door. Groceries, post, order form and bill for garden stuff and a box for OH from Amazon.

I hope Florence's op has gone ahead as planned and that she is ok and won't catch covid-19 while in hospital.

hope Joan is Ok as well. <3 <3 <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Apr 2020 11:59

Good morning Ann G. (((((((hug))))))) for all who need one cyber but better than nothing x breezy but fine got a parcel yesterday 300 bulbs now your thinking why so many silly me put an extra o on the order hey ho will have to order more pots not using them all. as dates 2021 use by, enjoy your weekend Stay safe Joan Liz Florence . <3 Barbara

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Apr 2020 14:50

:-D :-D Barbra, what bulbs are they? they must think you have a garden as big as a park. Still plant as many as you have space for and what a wonderful display you will have.

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Apr 2020 15:32

Ann gladioli 50.Acidanthera 50.Brodaea 50.freesia corns.20.valium mixed 70.Ixia 40 mixed Liatris spicata.50 bulbs .will have to look them up .any room in your garden :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Apr 2020 11:02

Hello lovely day again washed all the dogs blankets & their beds .there is a gardener next door mowing her grass a bit of normality .the lady is 93 but seems alright loves her TV soaps don't need our TV on x hope Joan is alright has anyone heard from her Stay safe all who look in Bye For Now Barbara <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Apr 2020 12:09

I could squeeze a few in Barbra, I don't actually recognise some of them but if you manage to plant them all you should have a wonderful display.

It is bright with some sun and some light cloud here 17 degrees, was supposed to go up to 20 but we shall see. Not a lot to do in the garden at the moment but, getting up late, breakfast at coffee time and coffee at lunch time soon be having dinner at bedtime at this rate :-D

I wonder if Joan is OK, maybe her subs has run out not seen her for ages.

Barbra

Barbra Report 10 Apr 2020 16:19

Hello Ann anyone else looking in been a lovely day here sunshine & a nice breeze we are so lucky having gardens in these difficult times stay safe Joan x Ann G Liz enjoy your weekend best you can <3 Barbara

Barbra

Barbra Report 17 Apr 2020 11:32

Nearly weekend again hope if you look in you are alright Joan.Ann G .Florence Liz .beautiful day again its been over a week now chilly mornings but lovely sunny days .Garden is looking nice waiting for bulbs to bloom & flower .Grass cut x Please stay safe Take Care All <3 Barbara x

Barbra

Barbra Report 21 Apr 2020 09:25

Morning cool start to the day but Sunshine were is Joan has anybody heard from her Ann G. Liz Florence hope you are all coping keeping safe. so many people going out in our Avenue We are just staying put leave um to it .Enjoy your day Barbara :-) have got my DNA results just waiting for confirmation 48% English .Northern European .45% Scottish .Irish 7% Swedish .now my journey begins might take a while :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 21 Apr 2020 13:27

Lovely day here too,bright and sunny. Been outside for a walk and to soak up the Vit D.Nice to see some plants coming into leaf, fuchias and roses.Cant wait til they are in full bloom.

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Apr 2020 15:21

God afternoon Barbra and Florence (and Joan if she looks in. do hope she is OK). A lovely sunny day here again. OH is spending all day every day out in the garden at the moment and it is looking great. He has re-painted everything that needs re-painting and planted seeds so the greenhouse and conservatory are bursting at the seams, mostlt flowers plus tomatoes and a few carrots and lettuce. We are also working through (well I am) clearing ut various drawers and shredding out of date stuff in some. Next job is the safe where all the various documents are kept. That will be a marathon job. Hope you are both well and that Florence, is getting stronger by the minute.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 Apr 2020 12:16

Good morning peeps
Yes another glorious day, I just wish I was actually able to do something in the garden other than admire the view to the hills.

Ann good for you.Last year I did mountains of shredding and sorting of paperwork.I retidied all my box files, bought lots of poly pockets and now the shelving in my bedroom looks like a tidy office.
I also labelled all the boxes on the spines so it helps me locate more quickly any specific docs I need.

Is anyone in touch with joan as she hasn't been on here for ages. I so hope she and her hubby are ok.
Barbara all those bulbs!! But when they all flower they will look lovely.

Florence in the hebrides

:-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Apr 2020 12:28

Morning from a very sunny Dumfries & Galloway gardens looking good .got a new bird bath they are loving it Blackbirds having a great time .will leave the verbals to it have a lovely life us Lancashire folk have manners & respect people .some folk really need to get something else to talk about in there boring lives have a nice day you all :-D :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 26 Apr 2020 15:39

Well what a change in the weather today. Got up to hear a heavy shower of rain mixed with sleet!
Showers have continued all day but with a bit of sunshine in between and also breezier than of late.
Hope the lovely sunny days return as we have got used to them and im not taking kindly to the horrid rain today.
Only positive is, we haven't had to go out twice and water the plants.
Anyone heard from Joan?

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 1 May 2020 11:07

Good Morning was out 8.30 am very quiet got my shopping back home by 9.15.am that's it now for 10 days wasnt going to bother but OH really fed up it's done now he feels better just getting daily paper .peace for now x fine start but raining now .hope all okay stay safe Take Care enjoy your weekend best you can <3 Barbara

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 May 2020 10:19

Morning Joan .Ann G Florence. lovely day again .waiting for compost plants & tubs so will be busy .Stay safe Barbara :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 May 2020 21:56

Another sunny and bright day here but chilly out of the sun. My potato plants have bloomed really well and the peas now coming too. Even my fuschias have begun to come into leaf.
Yes the garden looks lovely and long may the good weather continue.

managed to get a Tesco slot tom but its at.....9-11pm!! Last week it was 10 when it arrived but the slots are so hard to get, you have to take whats available and this was the only one..

Florence in the hebrides