General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 4 + 1 of 15

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 May 2020 09:59

Good morning hope all are okay today (((((hug))))) for Joan x it's a bit showery this morning & cooler . Plenty of colour in the garden baskets & pots .that's kept me busy & sorting cupboards out & drawers it's surprising what you find. right of for a brew then a tidy up stay safe Take Care Barbara <3 :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 7 May 2020 13:43

Well we've had fun and games today.The moorland behind my house was on fire and we had to get outside at one point as the flames were so close! So stressy and scary.We watched fireman and volunteers beat the heath and eventually after 2 hours it was out and all under control.

Someone lit the heath to burn a bit, they do this every year to promote new growth but it got out of hand as the grass was so dry.

Having a cuppa now and reflecting on might have been.

Stay safe everyone

Florence in the hebrides

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 8 May 2020 06:42

Oh dear Florence, just what you don't need - stress!

Hope everyone's ok and Joan will.make contact soon.

A couple of weeks ago o.h.phoned the care home for news of his Dad, and was told all was well but Dad and some others had chest infections. Didn't speak to his Dad as he hasn't noticed he's had no visitors and didn't want to confuse him. Two days ago o.h.'s sister called to say the home had contacted her to say Dad had been tested and he and several others have the virus! So have several staff! When o.h.called yesterday they said everything was fine! It's really worrying not to know what's what! Just hope Dad will get through this but he's 88 and not strong.

Yesterday I slept till 9 pm. Went downstairs and o.h. was nowhere to be seen, altho a part eaten meal was on the table. I looked outside and he'd fallen at the end of the garden. He had gone out to take a photo of the sky and his knee gave way! Sprawled out on his back, among the flower pots. It's going to become harder and harder to help him up.

Oh life is such fun!!!! Take care all of you

Lizxx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 8 May 2020 11:26

Florence and Liz,

Sorry to hear that you've had added stress to deal with in these worrying times. I hope things improve for all situations.

Joan's daughter has been in contact and will pass on any messages, if you'd like to mail her Mum. Hopefully Joan's treatment in hospital will help her to feel a lot better.

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 May 2020 11:33

Liz Florence you don't need anymore stress honestly & our Joan not well hope things improve things can only get better surely thinking off you all Barbara <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 May 2020 12:22

I messaged Joan which I assume is how her daughter picked up the message and contacted Gwyn. Thanks Gwyn for passing on the message. Poor Joan she had not had a good time of it for about a year now since she fell at the wedding. do hope the treatment helps her.

Florence that could have been nasty, maybe the person lighting the fire should have been aware how dry it was.

Liz, Oh dear, what a shame your OH fell when all he was doing was taking a photo. Although he will have had to bend back if it was of the sky so obviously lost his balance. Hope he was not hurt. And the chest infection immediately raised concern re the virus, blessed thing is overunning the care homes.

barbra have a good weekend. We are all going outside with our cups of tea at 3pm today. <3 <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 8 May 2020 12:35

hello peeps.
Oh Liz how awful, just another thing to deal with.How is he feeling today? I imagine very sore.Hope he recovers quickly.Poor youxx

Yes Gwyn thankyou for passing on messages.We all wish Joan well and hope she will soon be back home and on the boardsxx

Ann Hope you enjoy your 3pm cuppa.xx

Sadly the rain came today but after several days without any, the ground needs it especially after yesterdays fires.
We have snow forecast here for Sunday no less!!

Stay safe everyone

Florence in the Hebrides
<3

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 May 2020 10:33

Morning from me to all .hope today finds you okay sunny just now Ann G .Florence Liz .Joan .Gwyn.Stay safe enjoy your weekend <3 Barbara x

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 May 2020 11:51

Hello from sunny but chilly Dumfries & Galloway Joan x are you home yet Ann G anyone looks in are you keeping busy during lock down. mind you Garden Centres open in England & you can have a ride out in your car not up here been buying on line have enough now to water so garden looks nice .Keep safe Barbara :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 May 2020 12:09

We may be allowed out to garden centres Barbra but we are not going this week it will be too crowded. We are still staying home. (and staying alert as well!!!

Sunny here too but only 9 degrees out there. Last two morning a bit of a frost as well.

Not doing a lot today as all the housework is up to date as is most of the gardening.

If Joan's daughter looks in I hope Joan is getting on OK in hospital and will be feeling well again soon, sending her love <3 <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 May 2020 12:47

Hello All who look in a cloudy day today fed up can't get motivated house work done garden done just have to chill out .making Some scones later after lunch Keep safe enjoy your weekend; (((((Joan ))))) <3 .Bye for now Barbara xx

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 May 2020 13:22

Afternoon everyone. Well it's blooming freezing up here .At the beg of the week I managed out for a short walk along the rd and also managed the stairs. But since then its rained and very windy so not venturing outside until its warmer.

My pepper plants are growing but very slowly! I ordered a lot of wool in Teal, purple and black and have started knitting a scarf for a friend of mine for xmas. Might as well start whilst I have the time being off work.

Sending healing thoughts to Joan and hope shes feeling better.

Florence in the hebrides

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 17 May 2020 18:37

Hi Ladies, Lauren here. (Joan’s daughter)

How’s everyone?

Just a little update to let you all know that mum is doing really well. She’s still in hospital but improving every day. Taking each day one at a time, various scans and tests showing good results. Hopefully she’ll get to go home soon although we’ve not been given a date yet but with the progress she’s making, we hope it won’t be too far away.

She’s sending everyone her love.

Take care. X

Barbra

Barbra Report 17 May 2020 18:44

Thanks Lauren sounds good news about your Mum bless her hope she continues to improve big ((((((hug)))))) for her <3 to her Barbara x

Florence61

Florence61 Report 17 May 2020 20:51

Oh Lauren that's lovely to hear. Send her big hugs and our best wishes that she will soon be home. Thankyou for keeping us up to date, really appreciate the news.

Florence in the hebrides <3 :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 May 2020 22:33

Thank you for the update, Lauren.

It's really good to read that Joan has responded so well to her treatment and will soon be home.
Best wishes to all the family.

Barbra

Barbra Report 18 May 2020 15:37

Hello All hope you are okay Joan <3 it's wet here & chilly big difference last couple of days it's watering the garden x Stay safe Take Care Barbara <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 May 2020 00:43

Goods news about our Joan, lots of love to you if you look in. Joan.

O.h. Is ok, I had to shave his head today as his hair was such a mess. It grows in a very strange way and he normally has it shaved to varying degrees at the barber. I just did it the same all over but it looks ok and will soon grow back lol

I hope everyone is coping well and Florence. You are feeling better as the days go by.I

Take care all

Lizxx

Florence61

Florence61 Report 20 May 2020 16:48

Afternoon everyone. Its not a bad afternoon, supposed to be 17 degrees but the breeze makes it feel a bit chilly.
Went for my exercise walk today and managed 5 minutes without stopping and talking to daughter as we walked.I was a bit puffed after 4 minutes but kept going.
Then I stopped for awhile to get my breath back before turning round and walking back home.
So I am getting there slowly Liz but still getting dizzy spells and not able to lay down at night so im a bit sleep deprived.(apparently the fluid tabs can lower the BP)

Glad your OH let you do his hair without a fuss.I trim daughters but wouldn't let her near mine.Its down under my shoulder blades now...very long indeed.But my highlights have grown out a lot so now have a 2 tone colour with some grey thrown in...lol

Hope all ok with you Joan, still sending healing thoughts to you.

Take care everyone and stay safe :-D

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 May 2020 16:52

Good to hear that Joan is improving and hope this continues as she is much missed on here. Thank you for the update.