General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 5 + 1 of 15

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 21 May 2020 13:55

Hello hope you are all okay xxJoan xx it's a nice Sunny day again. reading the news Southport & Cornwall have had a lot of visitors beggers belief folk parking up overnight .we all want to go out but not yet just go local once a week .have put petrol in the car checked tyres as not using a lot. it's not nice. oh is fast asleep says he is bored he can't do anything else in the garden well I am leaving him to it .having a brew then keep my eye on him while making some scones Stay safe Take Care Barbara x :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 May 2020 12:47

Hello All Joan xx how are you it's difficult with Covid19 but seems we are mostly behaving you always get some who break the rules .A fine day here got washing out garden looks nice plenty of colour .think of the money we are saving we can when all clear have some holidays can't wait :-D very quiet in our village not many shops open have done our weekly shop so that's us back home just pottering about Stay safe Take Care Barbara <3

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 29 May 2020 13:57

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO everyone, yes it's me.
I am back home, I was discharged on Tuesday along with my walking stick!

I was very reluctant to go into the main hospital & as a compromise I went to the local Cottage hospital, where I was being cared for by a different GP than my own one! (much nicer & than the one I'm registered with!!) & thank goodness for his help support & his caring, sympathetic ways & understanding of how I felt re all things medical.

Once my body had started to deflate & I could actually move even just the little things started to look up.The whole of my body had very suddenly swollen bscause of fluid retention,very unpleasant.

I can't say I enjoyed the stay in hospital !!(3 weeks) some of the nurses were not pleasant & were very slow to come to ones aid,there were about 5 or 6 that I can say were good at their job, IMO. 2 of which were VERY VERY kind to me, going out of their way to make me comfy etc.
One in particular was just lovely & without her help,& kindness & coming to my room to chat with me whenever she could I would have been very miserable.

I have to say i enjoyed the meals but at the start when confined to my bed meals were just left on the over bed table & it was down to me to get on with cutting it up & eating it, I had to ask most days for them to lower the table & sit me up etc!!

I absolutely hated the bed i was in, one of those that beds in several place rendering me stuck constantly in a dip,& I was left more than once with a doddles backside, for quite some time if the night staff were the ones I didn't get on with!!

Anyway thats all over now (i hope) I am now concentrating on getting back to some kind of normality, I have apparently made an amazing "recovery" Drs etc were telling me they ad not seen such a recovery in such a short time.

I need to start looking for new clothes as the fluid thats gone has left me with very few items that fit, they were unable to weigh me in the first week so Inin the last 2 weeks I lost 12kilos in weight.

Ok, it's time for a walk to the bathroom (upstairs) again using my stick I am really good at it.
THANKYOU all of you for your good wishes & I look forward to contributing to the ....HELLO.... thread once again.

I do hope everyone is well & experiencing the lovely weather that we here in Aberdeenshire have had for several weeks now.
LOVE to all, take care.

edited to add, ... I had to have 4 units of blood due to my haemoglobin being sooo low, that's not something I have experienced before.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 29 May 2020 14:07

Oh Joan you have really been through the mill but so glad you are now home. You will recover even better in your own surroundings. I am on fluid tablets and also lost about 8lbs in weight, as my ankles are still very puffy.

I went for my walk earlier but got breathless more quickly today as its very warm and the heat goes for my asthma.

So glad to have you back.
Take care
Florence in the hebrides <3 :-D

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 29 May 2020 14:17

Hi Florence, I hope things will improve for you very soon.
Being breathless is not nice lets hope it will settle for you,walking is good even just a short distance.

I forgot to mention that on my arrival at the hospital it was found that my haemoglobin was VERY low & I had to have 4 units of blood during my stay.

You take care.

Joan.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 May 2020 14:29

Joan that sounds horrible, what you had to cope with so (I did put a message on the other thread), I am doubly pleased that you recovered, and so quickly too it appears, well done. Do take it easy now though don't go overdoing it just because you can. Oh and a whole new wardrobe should be fun. Best buy on line at the moment though.
take care and, again, so good to see you back. <3 <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 29 May 2020 16:01

Welcome back our friend Joan lovely to see you you have been through it but hey your here now x Bless you take it easy look after yourself enjoy your own bed and the lovely weather we are plodding on thats it really enjoying the nice sunshine Take Care Love Barbara <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 31 May 2020 10:07

Good Morning All hope you are all okay Joan x lovely day again was up early so my chores are done . Enjoy your day <3 Barbara

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 31 May 2020 12:15

Good afternoon to you all, a fabulous day here.
Hubby & I are putting together a sunday dinner today, chicken & all the trimmings, looking forward to it.
Looking forward to being able to do some baking soon.

I am feeling better than of late,getting about with & without my stick,just depends on what I'm doing or where I'm making for, lol, doing great on the stairs but use my stick for them.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day,take care.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 31 May 2020 14:33

Good afternoon everyone.
Yes its hot and sunny here but just too much for me so ive retreated indoors. Tried late last night to do a small walk but was out of puff before I reached the neighbours house!
Anyway gonna be patient, stop moaning and busy myself.
That's the problem when your brain has recovered but the body hasn't and then boredom kicks in but hey ho.

Hope you are enjoying you roast chicken dinner Joan, sounds lovely.
Stay safe everyone and take care in the sun

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 May 2020 14:58

Good afternoon, sunny and warm here too but clouding over sometimes. I think we are forecast rain this coming week which will be a shame as when it starts it doesn't know when to stop. Often happens in JUne.

Pleased to hear everyone is ok. Florence I am sure it will take time to get your puff back but no doubt you will have been told ho wlong it is likely to take, baby steps, hope it improves soon.

Joan we have roast chicken as well. Do hope you enjoy yours. How did OH cope when you wee in hospital? I bet he was glad to see you home.

Barbra

Barbra Report 1 Jun 2020 10:15

Good Morning All hope you enjoyed your weekend.. beautiful day again .Joan sounds as though you are doing okay good to hear x the nice weather will cheer you up been busy with hose pipe baskets especially need a good soak .right will get tidied up .Stay safe <3 Barbara

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 1 Jun 2020 12:28

Hi to all,
Another beautiful day here, makes me want to get out7 about but not ready for that kind of thing just yet.
i was doing a bit of tidying up yesterday!! just a bit here & there, anything that didn't have to go into the fridge or freezer didn't get put away!! so he had to help me sort things out.

I had to throw out some houseplants as he didn't water them,dissappoined about that!! & put various other things back in their right place!
I know hubby has had plenty to think about whilst I have been in hospital but it would have easier for him/us if he had put shopping away on the day! it had built up on the dining room table over the weeks!

Still getting up several times in the night to go to the bathroom, such a pest to be having to go so often, thankfully i am managing to get back to sleep after wards, actually managed without my W stick each time, as the day goes on though I need the stick.

Well that's all for now folks, off to have a cuppa just now, Lasagne for our tea later on, yesterdays roast dinner was lovely.

Florence....... I hope you are ok, just you take care of yourself.

Joan.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Jun 2020 04:46

Great to see you posting, Joan, and being so positive. You've had an eventful few weeks, let's hope the coming months are a lot better for you.

Florence, hope you can make gradual steps to feeling less breathless as time goes on.

I decided not to go to bed on Saturday morning as it was such a lovely day so did lots of gardening instead. O.h. pottered about in his usual chaotic way. It's sad to see how confused he becomes, putting things down and forgetting where he left things.
I went to bed about 2am on Sunday morning and realised I had overdone things. I finally got up around 4pm on Monday! I shall have to pace myself better in future!I

O.h. managed to visit his father at the care home, they spoke to one another through the window, o.h. on the outside, father in his room. O.h. wanted to tell his Dad he was a great grandfather again (5 now) as o.h's son and d.i.l. in America had a baby boy on 27th May (the day before d.i.l. Birthday) c section again by choice this time. Two girls and now Rhys Gregory, Gregory after d.i.l's father.

I don't know when oh. will see these children. The son has started visiting here for a week each February but I can't see him bringing the whole family over and o.h. doesn't think he will feel well enough to visit.

Oh well we'll see.

Stay well everyone

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 Jun 2020 11:58

Morning All Liz xx Joan .Florence Ann G.nice day again we all have different things going on lets be positive you take care Liz have a rest x I have been having half an hr in the afternoon resting it's been for me to warm right having a brew Stay safe enjoy your day xx <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Jun 2020 12:56

Afternoon everyone.
Change in the weather today.Much cooler and overcast and the rain not far away.
At least daughter wont have to water all the pots for a couple of days.

managed a walk yest and wasn't too puffed out but the fluid tabs help altho in and out of bathroom all morning!!

I bought some frames for sons graduation pics so will be busy later printing them out etc.I also bought a small guillotine which ive been using...very handy for trimming things.

Hope all is well with everyone
Take care and stay safe

Florence in the hebrides

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 2 Jun 2020 13:27

Good morning, a few minutes to add to the thread before I have my fly cup! lol.
A cooler day for us today,it's welcome (by meat least) after all the recent heat we've had, i do like some heat but it has been too hot for me.

Oh florence those water pills!! they might do good in one respect but having to go to the bathroom sooo often is a nuisance! & our bathroom is upstairs,i suppose that's good in one way (exercise) but I have to set off in good time, lol.

When in the hospital i was on a higher dose of the pills than normal but the dosage was reduced for coming home.
Going to do a bit of dusting shortly,there are some places that hubby hasn't done!! & i must deal with it, all jolly good fun & gets me out of the chair for a wee while.

Florence, i know what you mean when you say ones brain wants to get on with things as normal but the body isn't ready yet, though i am no longer breathless & can manage to get around without my stick & climb the stairs with my stick i know I have to take things easy, not something I'm used to at all.

i got the D room back to normal yesterday,all the various things (mostly shopping) back in their rightful place, are all men like my hubby? just put things down anywhere instead of tidying things away properly!

Well now cuppa time, talk again soon, take care everyone.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Jun 2020 13:27

Hello All enjoy your Weekend keep well x breezy cooler but sunny just now .Take Care Barbara xx :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Jun 2020 17:08

Good afternoon all been quite cloudy drizzle rain GP Tuesday for bloods keep going dizzy they are doing my BP as well think just stressed out with being home all the time like every one else x better signs with the virus a lot lower cases now .Tom Jones 80 years old & still singing Love his Green Green Grass of Home many memories for me .best wishes to you All x Take Care Barbara <3

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 8 Jun 2020 17:47

hi to all~~~~~

Dry here today after the weekend of a lot of rain, sun is shining atm.

Feeling well today, getting around the house including going up & down the stairs without my stick, haven't ventured outside yet! saving that for when i have to go to the local Health Centre in about a weeks time to have some follow up blood tests done!
Have to have B12 injections every 3 months now I'm home, (was every day whilst in hospital!) also have to have an echocardiogram, waiting for an appointment for that.

Just trying to put together some clothing,everything is too big for me now,some things can be altered but will have to buy some new items,not easy when the shops are closed, I can purchase on-line but don't want to have to pay to returning anything ordered that doesn't fit!

Well that's all for now, hope all is well with you all.

Joan.