General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 6 + 1 of 15

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Jun 2020 09:43

Morning you sound better Joan good luck now onwards & upwards Hello All a bit dull just now but fine x getting ready to see Nurse for bloods just having a cuppa .manage to get our westies clipped they look a lot better now .the coast rd was clear so had a ride out still police nr Ferry port Cairnryan but no problems for us right Take Care x Barbara :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 9 Jun 2020 11:50

Good morning everyone
Ive not had the best few days so been trying to rest. Carrying lots of fluid and breathless.The problem with the fluid tabs is they make you dizzy if you are on blood pressure tabs, as the side effect is lowering your BP.

My feet are purple and puffy!
Anyway the cardiac nurse just tel and we decided on a plan and shes arranging for a nurse to come & do full bloods.

In this present climate to anyone who has been in hospital, its very hard when you come home.Ive not seen a dr in 7 weeks because they will not call out to check on you unless absolutely necessary for obvious reasons,. But it makes you feel very isolated when you don't see any health care proffessionals. I have no way of getting to surgery anyway so totally dependant of surgery coming to me.

Sorry having a bit of a moan today, don't anyone take it to heart.
Joan glad you are coming along ok. Going upstairs without the stick is a marvellous achievement, well done. Hope you continue to improve.

Its cold and grey here today so not able to go outside for my walk altho strictly speaking, Im not allowed to as they have extended the shielding date up here until 31st Jul!!
But my village rd is empty and my nurse says I need to walk daily whenever possible.
Hope everyone else is well. Take care

Florence in the Hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 Jun 2020 10:59

Morning All .a brigjt day here breezy washing out x Florence x Joan x Off to local shops Take Care Barbara <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 Jun 2020 17:56

Oh well people must be on FB chatting away this site now is so slow i will have a break for a bit AGAIN xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Jun 2020 01:20

Hi all.

I am sorry I am not posting much but hope you are all progressing with recoveries and life in general.

I have had a difficult few days and haven't felt much like posting. Life is more and more stressful with my partner and I am trying to reorganise my life but it's not going to be easy or quick. I am not saying anything on fb but will try to check in here when I can. My son is helping me loads, bless him, and I do have support from elsewhere but am going to struggle to get to where I want to be. Was it Greta Garbo who said I want to be alone?I

Take care, folks x

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 13 Jun 2020 10:07

<3 LIZ <3

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 13 Jun 2020 15:43

Hello to all.

Liz..... so sorry to hear of your problems, must be difficult for you especially with the lockdown carry on!
I hope things will improve for you soon, thank goodness you are not completely alone & you have your sone to give you some support!

Florence.... so very sorry you have not been too good of late, very difficult trying to stay cheerful etc when you are just not feeling well!

Yes I agree with you about Drs not visiting, my own DR never came to see me before i went to hospital, he left it to the practice Nurse & she only called round twice!
Another DR from the practice did come out to see me when my daughter requested/ pleaded for a visit from someone who would talk to me about going into hospital as I was not wanting to go in!& he was lovely to me, he took over my care in the hospital (with my permission) & so glad I did, my own DR visited me twice when I was in hospital & talked mostly about the body giving up & dying etc, a right bundle of laughs I can tell you!!

Hope all is well with everyone else on the thread, talk again soon.
Talke care Liz & Florence.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 Jun 2020 23:48

A very late evening to everyone on here.
Today the sun came out and I thought...yay ill manage a short walk as the weather last week was terrible. But of course up here what happens when there is sun, no wind? The blooming midges come out and eat me alive.

I only ventured out for fresh air and to check on my plants and got bitten round my neck and ankles grrr.
I haven't been sleeping at all, just still cant lay down or on my side.Really frustrating.Slept last night from 11-2 and then was awake rest of night!

Anyway that's life I guess.
Liz ..thinking about you and your troubles.Cant be easy. I have my daughter here but son hardly contacts me to ask if im well. I hope you get your life sorted.After 3 years, my divorce is finally going through..All good things come to those who wait.

Joan hope you are continuing to improve without your sticks. You are doing amazing.

When I rang the gp on Thurs about a few things, amazingly I had 4 different people running around me! Apparently im having an ECG at the house on mon am..Really I said and when were u going to tell me?Honestly such a shambles and all 4 people work in the village practice, a building like a 3 bed house, hardly huge.

Lack of communication was the problem as it usually is.

Barbara, don't get so down when people don't reply on a thread u put up.I read lots of threads but only reply to those that interest me which isn't everyone I read.Dont think its anything personel.

Well folks im gonna try and sleep somehow as I am exhausted now.
Take care all and stay safe

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jun 2020 21:10

Liz sorry to hear about your problems. These things are not helped by the lockdown situation I am sure. Great that you have your son to help.

Barbara, just checking other threads and nine are moving much at all, we are probably all stupefied by being locked down.

Joan your own doctor sound like a real laugh a minute. Not the first choice to visit you in hospital I think. Good job you also had a better one.

Florence I suppose they assumed you were supposed to be home, not likely to disobey and therefore they did not need to let you know they were coming.

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 14 Jun 2020 21:28

Hi Ann, my own DR wasn't the best person to have visit!! the other one was much nicer.

I have had a bit of a set back today, last night when in bed I was adjusting my position & felt an awful pain in my left side! not sure what i had done, pulled a muscle or trapped / squashed something but boy did it hurt!

It was nearly 2hrs before i could get myself back into bed,I didn't sleep much at all,
it's rather sore today & moving about is not pleasant, even hurts to breathe! not looking forward to getting into the bed tonight!
Hope it eases off soon.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Jun 2020 22:30

Joan just a thought, does it hurt everytime you breathe? Last time I had this it was pneumonia. Pleuresy is the pluras rubbing together that causes the pain, a high temp it was turns it into pneumonia.Dont want to worry you but with carrying fluid it made me think that's all.
If no better in the morning you need to ring your gp and get checked out.

Florence in the hebrides

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Jun 2020 03:39

Hi all.

Thanks for your kind comments. I will plod on and try to make the changes I need. I managed to get out in my car on Saturday, it's old and doesn't have p.a.s. Therefore I suffer badly afterwards especially in my arthritic shoulders. I almost bought another car yesterday but was wary of spending money I might need in my quest for peace and tranquillity. It was in immaculate condition but I couldn't decide. Will know tomorrow if it's gone!

I am sorry Joan that you had a set back and hope you will be better soon.

Florence, I hate midges! Have you any repellant? Hope you can continue to get out without being blown over or bitten to pieces.

Barbara, and all, take care and stay safe and well.

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Jun 2020 10:07

Hello Joan hope you soon feel better Liz take care maybe get your new car could cheer you up x Florence hope your alright today Ann G morning a bright day just now sunshine I have been down myself but it's just lockdown so decided sorting some bedroom drawers out then throwing them as local tip should be open shortly have microwave & old mower .Hoover to get rid of their in the shed will feel better tidying up a bit our handy man has a van so he will move things for us .spoke to our youngest Son last night he has been working from home but going back too work he is fed up think it's getting to every one just now .he has plenty of friends &, family hopefully lockdown eases he can maybe see one or two right going to sort my drawers out might be some time :-D Barbara

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 16 Jun 2020 17:31

Hi all, nice sunny day here, wish I could get out & sort the garden!!

Had to go to Health centre today what a carry on that was.
I was told to go to the hospital entrance {Cottage Hosp next to H Centre) & i would be directed to where they deal with blood samples, hubby dropped me off at the door then went off to hopefully find a parking space in the very small parking area

I was informed that the blood place had now moved & was round the back of the HC qute some distance from the hospital door!!
Eventually i made it to where it was now only to find the door locked & no way of getting anyones attention, by this time hubby had managed to park the car & had caught me up,he then lost it & started to rattle the locked door, after about 5 minutes of doing that someone came & unlocked the door I explained i had an appointment etc & I was allowed in!

Hubby was upset/annoyed about it all, I had been told when I made the appointment a week ago where i needed to go, then for them to make changes caused some upset AND some distance for me to walk! I had to use my stick today because of the pulled muscle in my side & the ground was stoney pot-holed etc, very difficult to walk on for anyone.

When I was leaving a guy asked if he was heading for the right place for blood tests, he had been told just yesterday that he needed to go to the hospital for blood tests to be done!!!
Not a good start to my first day out i can tell you.

Florence....i hope you are feeling better.
No it's not a problem with my lungs, I am breathing normally, no pain, not breathless etc, feels like a strained muscle, it has eased a little but still not able to lie down in bed, have to sit up propped up with a few pillows.
Hope it goes away soon as it does stop me doing even the simpliest of tasks,

Well that;s all for now, need to rest my legs for a wee while, do take care all of you, bye for now.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 16 Jun 2020 21:27

Evening folks
Oh Joan what a day you had. Wretched when the directions etc all change and makes life so difficult.

Hope you rested up once you got home, your poor legs. Glad its not your lungs but I can understand about not laying down. I still cant and have 7 pillows behind me so im literally sitting up..Gets you down with little sleep.

I got my ECG done yesterday and spoke to Dr today, all was fine.However kidney test were much lower than before so a repeat test in a month.
Not nice weather here today as damp, humid and midges so another day indoors!!

Hope everyone else ok

Take care

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Jun 2020 22:35

Hi everyone.
Joan, a couple of weeks ago I did just what you did, managed to pull something in my side, it is very painful isn’t it. It took mine about four or five days to ease. Hope your goes soon.

We had thunderstorms this afternoon. It is still warm now.

Barbra

Barbra Report 18 Jun 2020 11:51

Morning All Liz <3 Ann G .Florence .Joan .hope you are okay nice Sunny Day then it has gone cloudy we had a right downpour yesterday grass needs cutting again have to phone our handy man ;-) Take Care & stay safe xx Barbara <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Jun 2020 01:25

I am ok thanks Barbara and hope you are all doing well.

I didn't buy the car as I was concerned about spending money I might need in the coming months. My old car is ok just heavy on the steering but I don't go that far in it.

I am sleeping a lot during the day atm, I think it's a combination of the fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, stress and depression.

Things can only get better

Take care all, thanks for the support and pms

Lizxx

Florence61

Florence61 Report 19 Jun 2020 13:46

Afternoon folks.
Well I have just had the best tel call all week. My cardiac physio phones me every Friday to see how the exercises and walking is going etc. She never hurries me up and is a good listener.
Last week I told her that my GP wasn't happy to give me any more steroid injections for my Bursitus,but the pain is preventing me from doing many things especially the rehabilitation exercises.The GP said he would refer me to someone else.

So my lovely lady went and chatted with the chappy and got an answer out of him just now so I don't worry all weekend.

he has overridden my GPs and will do the injection himself. I nearly cried with relief. I think I made her Friday as I was so happy!

Thank goodness common sense prevails on occasions.

There really are some lovely people in this world who take delight in helping others and she is one of them :-D :-D

Hope everyone is well and staying safe.

Have a good weekend

Florence in the hebrides :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jun 2020 15:10

Hello all. It sounds as if the GP was right to refer you to somebody else if he was not sure if it could harm you to have more injections. Obviously that was the expert who would know so she did well to consult him and get a good result for you. I think some GPs might be unsure how many steroid injections are safe. Pleased that it will help with your pain tough Florence.

Liz, sleep is good so just go with the flow, if you need to sleep and you have the time do so and hope you will bounce up again soon.

This is the third day we have had rain but it has now at 3pm brightened up. My OH played golf this morning, 18 holes in drizzle, rather him than me. :-D