General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Today

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Mar 2020 00:08

For the first time, I used the fold up shopping trolley my daughter bought me on my 40th birthday - over 20 years ago! (Re-found after a clear out)
This is an amazing fold up shopping trolley - I could fit it in my rucksack!
I looked online to see if it could still be bought - and was amazed at the price!
The lowest price I found was £149.99.
https://picclick.co.uk/Bergs-Black-Polka-Dot-Foldable-Shopping-Trolley-303200145754.html
Mine is 'retro' patterned.
Daughter called in today, and I asked her about the price - it's nowhere near what she paid, or would have paid, for a joke birthday present!
Having said that, she admits to using a non-foldable shopping trolley - and she's 40 this year :-D :-S

Caroline

Caroline Report 1 Mar 2020 03:51

I have to ask...why did you suddenly feel the need to use the trolley? :-)

Allan

Allan Report 1 Mar 2020 08:37

To hoard supplies due to COVID 19?

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-panic-buying-frenzy-hits-supermarkets/news-story/14b846411913d38517355889c94028d9

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Mar 2020 08:46

Wow what an extortionate price! I have a quite gaudy one that I bought I a charity shop or similar. It's very useful for shopping and I also use it whenever we go away in the car! Usual!y for food we are taking with us or something. It can be wheeled into the property we rent and then used for other things during our self catering stay.

Lizxx

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 1 Mar 2020 09:55

I have a similar one bought locally for about £10. At the moment it is storing all our hats, scarves and gloves under the stairs.

Kath. x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Mar 2020 10:09

I decided to use it because I needed cat food, and the local supermarket hasn't got much choice. The nearest 'big' supermarket is 2 bus rides away.
The 'driver' has a cold, and I had a weekly 'go anywhere in Winchester' bus ticket, so, with the help of a bus timetable, I went - shopping trolley in rucksack!

It was quite a good trip - except, as there is only 1 bus an hour from Winchester to where I live (on the outskirts), I had to wait half an hour for the bus home.

Daughter wouldn't have paid more than £20 for it - so why it costs so much now, is a mystery.

Island

Island Report 1 Mar 2020 10:12

It's free shipping though Maggie :-D :-D

Is there one that comes with a disguise? ;-) :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 1 Mar 2020 11:48

Obviously it's so expensive now because they can say such amazing people already own one :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Mar 2020 12:19

:-D :-D :-D Caroline!

Island, mine is just one big disguise - the 'retro' pattern is very...... :-S

Island

Island Report 1 Mar 2020 12:21

I was thinking more a 'tache and big specs for the user Maggie :-D

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 1 Mar 2020 12:32

I had one of those years ago found it very useful when I use to go to craft fairs at the NEC. It's amazing how much paper and card weigh lol. I think I paid something like £10 for it from a catalogue. When the wheels broke I used the bag for storage.

Don't think I would entertain buying at that price though.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Mar 2020 12:37

Island, I already have a tach and big specs! ;-) :-|

Neither daughter nor I would entertain that price either, Ginnie!