General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Only another 22 days to sit on my hands

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Mar 2020 20:32

will I make it? Who can say :-)

It may be the fact I have a sore throat and cough, or that I have cut my thumb ( the same one) two days running, but I am very irritable ;-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Mar 2020 20:44

Seems the virus has affected people all over the world people in hospital some dying .a lot of schools shut But hey lets have a laugh :-S

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Mar 2020 21:02

There are certainly many reasons to be worried Barbra. I am not laughing believe me.

At least I am glad a family member has had his business trips cancelled as it would have put him at more risk, though sad he won't also have the opportunity to visit family as was planned.

I really shouldn't be irritable, much worse things for others to cope with at the moment , than a cut thumb and annoying people online or on tv etc. :-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 4 Mar 2020 21:15

I was laughing at myself earlier today because I went out with the wrong shoes on, one was black the other one was brown, didn’t realise till I got home about 2 hours later. It me age me thinks.

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Mar 2020 21:18

Went out in my slippers hubby did the shopping I stopped in the car :-) nowt on TV tonight just thought would join in Rose ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Mar 2020 03:29

well, I haven't been out for the last 2 days, or for 3 days last week, or 3 days the week before.

But it isn't because of being scared of catching the coronavirus or the flu, but because my b****y back and legs are bad again. If it isn't one, it's the other, or it's all of them at the same time

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 5 Mar 2020 08:44

A little black humour goes a long way, Rose.

Sylvia, I hope it's not long before you have recovered and are back to your normality again.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Mar 2020 17:24

Thank you Joy

I seem to be getting there ........... I also think I maybe tried to do too much too soon earlier, so I'll take longer as a stay-at-home, no stairs, etc.