General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A big

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Mar 2020 11:36

:-| :-P to the morons out there.

First we had the ambulance tyres slashed, then we had the stolen oxygen tanks and now they are torching food delivery vans.

Speechless!

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Mar 2020 11:50

It beggers belief read about oxygen tanks in Manchester being stolen .total morons

David

David Report 24 Mar 2020 12:05

A Hospital in Ashford, Kent had six ambulances vandalised. :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Mar 2020 12:21

I do hope there is CCTV and that they catch these awful people. I am totally bemused by the fact that anyone of any age can actually think it is a fun thing to do. Although my OH did offer the suggestion that maybe it was another way of terrorists fighting their 'war' with us. In which case I hope whoever did these things needs an ambulance themselves.

Island

Island Report 24 Mar 2020 14:54

Not wanting to alarm but I was just thinking 'terrorist' as I was reading the thread Ann. :-( Hoax 999 callers do it for attention I believe but this sort of vandalism????

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 24 Mar 2020 15:28

If these are 'terrorists' do they not know that the virus does not recognise creed, religion or ideology?

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Mar 2020 20:02

Be careful if you are shopping people are lifting food from trollies & you have payed for it I haven't been out since last a Thursday staying in .just be safe Barbara :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Mar 2020 20:23

I have not read of anything like this happening in any other country.

which begs the question........

Why in England?

What has gone so very badly wrong with you???

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Mar 2020 20:46

Sylvia, reported in my local paper online, calls to 999

""Hello 999, My hair appointment had been cancelled"

"My dog walker is not working today and I have to go to work"

You may well ask what has gone so badly wrong..... :-0

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Mar 2020 21:01

It could be happening in others Coutries unless we read all reports will never no we are saying the things that are taking place in our own Country .our Lives are changing so much now. we have to be aware of scams. burning vehicles stealing oxygen tanks .someone has mentioned terrorists at work ? Barbara

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Mar 2020 21:21

Barbra .......

.......... I can tell you that such things are not happening in Canada, nor have I seen any reports from the US

Our problems are of the people ignoring social distancing and insisting on going to the beaches, parks etc.

I have heard that our 911 emergency line did get calls from people asking non-emergency questions about the virus, but that seems to have stopped now. Not the kind of false call that Rose mentioned.

I have read stories online and in our media from Italy and Spain, and they have not reported even false calls to emergency phone numbers, let alone the sort of damage you're talking about.

Allan

Allan Report 24 Mar 2020 21:24

Not happening here YET, but it is being reported, so those of limited, if any, intelligence, may well see this as a way of relieving boredom during the upcoming holidays, or when the schools are finally placed in lockdown :-|

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Mar 2020 21:35

Our Country UK has changed beyond recognition that is why we moved to Scotland 12years for more relaxed way of life .if people don't take any.notice listen to the PM a lot will loose their lives .it is sickening when you read reports see the news that's the way of life now .we need more police on the streets . Should have closed parks none food shops isolated. at least two weeks ago hope & pray we get through this

David

David Report 25 Mar 2020 03:45

We live in an age where Police will leave a Police car unattended
and Fire Brigade fire tenders sometimes get stoned :-S

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 26 Mar 2020 13:55

Here in Essex NHS staff are being mugged for their badges/passes as they can get priority things such as free coffee and priority shopping times.

It makes me so angry.

How have we bred such a lot of shameless morons. :-(

Island

Island Report 26 Mar 2020 15:44

Coughing in the faces of emergency workers and shop staff.