General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Keeping busy.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 25 Mar 2020 12:41

Hubby has had an allotment for a couple of years and really enjoyed going there and of course we have enjoyed the produce from it.
Early in the year his shed was broken into and some stuff trashed but nothing valuable in there anyway, next thing was the storm that took the roof off the shed so off he went with tool kit to repair. Now the virus is around and he can't go as he has to get the bus there and as we both have health conditions we are not going out.

Hubby is missing both the exercise and the outdoor as the sun is out and very pleasant outside. SO I have agreed that he could dig up the flower bed and prepare it as a veg bed. Agreed on Monday all dug out now and ready for him to sort into areas for his veg.
Not a big plot but will keep him busy for a while.

:-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Mar 2020 12:44

LOL the wiles of Women!!!

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 25 Mar 2020 12:46

Don't know what you mean Bob ;-) :-D :-D

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 25 Mar 2020 14:17

Hope he has got all the seeds he needs at home.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 25 Mar 2020 15:17

Yes Sue he has a collection that he keeps here, I think he misses the other people as they share things and if they grow to much they will pass it on to someone. They are a nice little community and all retired as the younger ones around here don't seem interested. in allotments.
The garden patch will suffice for now I hope.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Mar 2020 19:16

Last week OH mentioned he would dig a little veg patch on our lawn for something to do if we are in lockdown all summer.
Yesterday he asked me where I wanted it. Apparently it was never for him :-P

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 26 Mar 2020 14:41

Well if he does do it for ' you ' I hope you like the veg he grows.

I love all veg so am easy to please with what he grows.
I have been wanting him to grow rhubarb but he hasn't as of yet. So when the lockdown is over I'll pester him again. :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Mar 2020 16:22

Him grow veg. Ha ha. No, this was for me :-S

So he dug it today - rally painful to watch - he has no idea! I’d even told him this morning that my hay fever was starting - I could go on.......

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 26 Mar 2020 19:42

Oh for you to grow veg. :-D that's kind of him. :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 26 Mar 2020 19:44

My daughter has an allotment and she is allowed to use it.....however the car trip needs to be justified......??

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 27 Mar 2020 19:12

Statement from Greater Manchester Police Thursday 1508 [following the announcement that we must not travel in order to exercise.]

"Greater Manchester police have confirmed that members of the public are allowed to travel to and from allotments as part of their daily exercise set out by the government.

The clarification comes after a BBC Radio Manchester listener asked the chief constable, Ian Hopkins, if they could still tend to theirs."

Kay????

Kay???? Report 27 Mar 2020 20:23

Ive been going to my allotment ,,,,,,and we all have observed the rules,even more so as we are so far apart we have to use sign,,,plus we are not anyway allowed on anyones elses plot, and have notices up ,,,,but I only have ashort distance to go but dropped off by car and picked up so have been able to keep a better distance frpm others,...…

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 27 Mar 2020 21:49

Yes if he could drive he would be going as easy to stay away from others but it's the bus journey he won't take the chance with.

Still we are grateful with have a garden and not in a flat or place without one as friends of ours are.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 28 Mar 2020 11:03

I feel very sorry for only children. They've got no one to argue with ;-)