General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

got really excited

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maddie

Maddie Report 2 Apr 2020 12:18

yesterday managed to find a delivery spot for a grocery delivery

deflated today as half of what i ordered not available and i only asked for i of each item
:-(

Island

Island Report 2 Apr 2020 12:27

When this is over, half will be skinny as rakes and the other half...….. ummm….several sizes larger ;-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 2 Apr 2020 13:17

I know what size I will be :-( :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Apr 2020 14:25

for the life of me I have been unable to find a slot.

Maddie

Maddie Report 2 Apr 2020 14:28

ann
thats why i got excited been looking every other day
what a let down

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 2 Apr 2020 15:45

My local Tesco update their slots at midnight each day(night) not sure if that is the policy for all of them :-)

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 2 Apr 2020 16:50

I managed to get a slot today but am expecting it to have missing items . I also only order 1 of most things. Freezer sadly lacking in veg now so hope I get some .

Good luck with your orders. hope you all find a slot somewhere.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 2 Apr 2020 16:54

Ann have you tried Iceland ?

Maddie

Maddie Report 2 Apr 2020 16:59

i used iceland as only supermarket with a slot
but did get my hot cross buns :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 2 Apr 2020 17:06

Stray got a slot today
so she orders me lots of nice things

But no Salad which I need for my Giant Tortoise
So Kale it is :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Apr 2020 17:56

............... or else the dustbins are going to be piled with unused out-of-date food. :-P

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 2 Apr 2020 18:17

Yes mine is an Iceland order as well , l have used them for a long time. Only ever had good service from them. When i was more mobile I used to get the bus and do a shop and have home delivery from them.

Enjoy your Hot Cross buns . :-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Apr 2020 18:34

Delivery slots are bad here too....some stores are better than others but it's third parties shopping there for you then bringing it to you....I'm a bit wary of that as who's watching the third party to make sure they're doing it right?? At least if it's the store doing it themselves you hope they're following the rules.....