General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

One of them days

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ron2

Ron2 Report 2 Apr 2020 22:11

It has, really it has, absolutely it has, been one of them their days. Gets in my car to go shopping with “Er Indoors”, turns ignition on and not a flicker – totally dead – more knackered than me. Soooo off we trot to Sainsburys in Er Indoors car. Oh dear. Queue around the block, heads for Morrisons at Armthorpe ditto queue. Buggers off to Co-op at Kirk Sandle no queue, Er Indoors does the Co-op whilst I do shop next door so got some of wot we wanted. Gets back in “Er Indoors” car. Ha bloody ha, battery flat. I get taxi home with all grub whilst she waits for breakdown service. I call for breakdown svc for my car, starts ok using a starter pack (same guy as had helped “Er Indoors”) and then I do a couple of runs up/down M’way to put power back in battery. Think I’d left lights on when I put car in garage sometime last week – tis me knackered age. I just aint a happy bunny. Extra large whisky nightcap soon

Ron2

Ron2 Report 2 Apr 2020 22:12

Just to add to it, breakdown guy said they getting lots of calls due flat battery

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Apr 2020 22:13

it comes to us alll........................eventually..

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Apr 2020 22:14

those immobilsers/ burglar alarm thingy's take out more than you think!!l

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Apr 2020 22:24

It's a bit shutting the door after the horse has bolted but you can buy small solar panels that plug into the cigarette lighter of the car. We used one when leaving the car at the airport and didn't want to come back in the middle of the night to a flat battery.

Hope you are feeling a little better now.

Ron2

Ron2 Report 2 Apr 2020 23:09

Jacqueline will be feeling better in few minutes when I get the whisky bottle out. lol

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Apr 2020 23:32

:-D :-D :-D