General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Doctor's Appointment

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 3 Apr 2020 07:54

Last evening I received an SMS advising that my GP wanted me to make a non-urgent appointment to discuss my latest blood tests.

Checked on the Surgery site and she had some slots available for today but these could no longer be booked on line.

Phone first thing this morning only to be told that the doctors are no longer doing face-to-face consultations:-S :-S

Booked a phone appointment for 0930 and fair enough the doctor contacted me at that time approximately.

Ran through the tests, sugar levels fine and well controlled, cholesterol also OK.

Vitamin D still down so she advised me to start taking supplements.

Then came the one I was dreading... the liver function test. :-(

All I got was, 'the rest of the bloods were fine, liver fine' and that was it.

I very nearly asked if she was sure that she had the correct results, but decided against it ;-)

Strange times indeed :-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 3 Apr 2020 09:47

Allan, we are waiting to see whether OH's appointment on 21 April will go ahead.

On another tack, I have had an email from an ex-colleague who also lives in WA, saying that WA is closing its borders to all other states too. When?

Allan

Allan Report 3 Apr 2020 09:53

As from Sunday Midnight

https://tinyurl.com/sr5ojda

All regions have now also been isolating with travel between them only allowed in exceptional circumstances; freight is not affected