General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Editing My Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charles

Charles Report 5 Apr 2020 08:28

I have an error in my tree. I seem to be unable to link a person as mother. I go through all the normal procedure for adding an existing person but nothing happens. If I try to delete the mother, the system won't let me because it says she has children and yet they are not showing as linked on the tree.
I can't find a 'help' page on Genes Reunited. Can anyone help or should I use a different genealogy site? :-S

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Apr 2020 12:30

Welcome to the boards Charles.

You can contact Genes at.... [email protected].. Although they don't work weekends and not sure what is happening during this lockdown.

You could try to delete the children first as you can't delete a mother without deleting the children first.

If you scroll right to the bottom of the screen where it says "site links" there is a button for "sitemap" and in this there are frequently asked questions that may help.

Kath. x