General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This could have been worded better!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 5 Apr 2020 15:31

From todays letter from the govt about Coronavirus. I don't think this is quite what they meant!!

NHS asks people to share their coronavirus symptoms to help others.

:-( :-|

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Apr 2020 15:37

oops :-D :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 5 Apr 2020 15:50

Oh dear :-0 and some will :-(

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 5 Apr 2020 15:51

It looks as though Boris is not just dragging his feet, he has foot-in-mouth disease!

How did that blunder slip through?

Is it a long letter, Andysmum? If not, why don't you type it on here then I can put mine straight in the bin when it comes? :-0 :-D

I hate getting mail now. :-|

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 5 Apr 2020 16:31

It's not a letter, JoyLouise, it's a daily email that is sent to every household in the country - or at least that's what I thought.

To be fair, it is actually quite useful, as it updates you on what the govt is recommending re social distancing, staying at home, when you should self-isolate, payments for small businesses etc.

On the subject of proper mail, I read the other day that Royal Mail is only delivering junk mail when they have other mail for the same address. Not sure how they decide what is junk mail, but I'm not complaining!

Hilary

Hilary Report 5 Apr 2020 17:42

Think our post has been doing that for a while here Andys mum.

Island

Island Report 5 Apr 2020 18:09

Oh. Now that we could do with a bit of extra paper Royal Mail is cutting down! :-0

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 5 Apr 2020 18:26

I havnt had an email from the goverment at all. :( :-S

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 Apr 2020 19:54

Nor me :-(

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 5 Apr 2020 20:28

Neither have I :-(. I am feeling even more invisible than usual; first Waitrose contacts a number of over 70s round here, but not me, and now the government is ignoring me too :-|. They’re not ignoring my daughter though. Every time she gets in her car she gets a text saying “Stay Home”. Good job she doesn’t as she is one of the teachers keeping schools open for key workers children!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 5 Apr 2020 22:15

I have been investigating why we are getting these emails, and OH thinks he asked for them!!

So I looked at the latest one and at the bottom it tells you how to get them. If anyone is interested, here is today's in full. I should add that the bit under page summary is in blue and a link to more detail if you want it.

Daily update from GOV.?UK.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK government response

NHS asks people to share their coronavirus symptoms to help others

Page summary
A new Coronavirus Status Checker will help the NHS coordinate its response and build up additional data on the COVID-19 outbreak.

Change made
First published.

Time updated
10:58am, 4 April 2020

Coronavirus (COVID-19): scaling up testing programmes

Page summary
How the government intends to scale up testing programmes to provide a test to anyone who needs one.

Change made
First published.

Time updated
2:50pm, 4 April 2020

COVID-19: guidance for health professionals

Page summary
Information on COVID-19, including guidance on the assessment and management of suspected UK cases.

Change made
Added ‘management of exposed healthcare workers and patients in hospital settings’.

Time updated
5:03pm, 4 April 2020

Slides and datasets to accompany coronavirus press conference: 4 April 2020

Page summary
Press conference slides and datasets used by Professor Stephen Powis.

Change made
First published.

Time updated
5:14pm, 4 April 2020

Foreign Office steps up plans to bring home Britons stranded overseas

Page summary
Foreign Office is to step up plans to bring home Britons stranded overseas

Change made
First published.

Time updated
10:30pm, 4 April 2020

Unsubscribe from ‘Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK government response’

You’re getting this email because you subscribed to daily updates on these topics on GOV.?UK.

View, unsubscribe or change the frequency of your subscriptions