General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Idiotic Award

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 6 Apr 2020 09:02

The person who gets my vote: Dr Calderwood, Chief Medical Officer for Scotland, telling others to stay at home while she toddled off to her holiday home twice. Do as I say, not as I do - a rather superior view of oneself, I think.

N Sturgeon did herself no favours by not sending Calderwood packing immediately, excusing her decision seemingly because that CMO had been in at the beginning and 'knew the score', so to speak.

Now they will both find out what they ought to have known; anyone in the workforce can be replaced.

Island

Island Report 6 Apr 2020 13:23

She's gone now Joy - can't believe the crass stupidity of the woman.
Getting a bit fed up of 'sorry' after the event - same as that footballers s8x party. They're only 'sorry' they were caught!

Maddie

Maddie Report 6 Apr 2020 13:40

we live in a world of meaningless apologys
people cry out for apologies for events that happened way in the past, for things they did and said a few years ago, no point in saying your sorry unless you really mean it
as island said they got caught and sorry was expected from them but meaningless

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 6 Apr 2020 13:47

I agree with you Joy NS should not have thought about
sacking her it was the thing to do right away.
NS may regret her actions and everything is back to normal
after this virus.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 6 Apr 2020 13:49

For me it goes to the morons who are destroying 5g phone masts because they have seen on the social media it spreads the virus :-S :-S :-S. Just proves my opinion of social media :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Apr 2020 14:04

Seems it was do as I say but not what I do!

She admitted wasn’t the first time either

She had no option but to resign I think

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Apr 2020 14:19

I think that the criteria(?)is:(and probably held by many.......)

I know what I'm doing,...it cant happen to me....

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 6 Apr 2020 14:19

I was taught by my parents that if you apologised you admitted it was your fault and that you wouldn’t do it again.
And I think that B J shouldn’t be in a NHS hospital taking up a bed that one of us might need, he can afford to go to a private one.

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Apr 2020 14:21

A lot of people are flaunting the no going out rules Sun Newspaper doing what they always do spying on people like DR Calderwood. .We have neighbours going out every day in their car to take dogs for a walk 30miles from home ? Apart from Sunday is this right. Don't think they should they are both mid seventies .most of us are staying put at home Barbara

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 6 Apr 2020 15:27

I think the NHS has requisitioned all private hospital beds to help deal with coronavirus, so Boris couldn't go to a private hospital if he wanted to.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 6 Apr 2020 16:06

Karma happens.

I live in a fairly rural area. Locally a car full of people and at least one dog crashed on a very rural road. They had driven 10 miles to walk their dog but a large insect flew into the car (looks like a Maybug).

Well, that car looks a right off. The passengers are, I think, were not badly hurt.

Island

Island Report 6 Apr 2020 16:10

Nameless1 this is just what the 'drive somewhere nice for a walk' brigade aren't getting! If they have and accident and need medical help they're adding more grief to the NHS. :-|

Dermot

Dermot Report 6 Apr 2020 17:15

In politics, MPs are obliged to praise a colleague to the hilt and show God-like respect when questioned about their competence.

However, as soon as a damning report comes along that highlights that person's inadequacies, they are manoeuvred eventually towards the exit. :-0