General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why am I not surprised?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Apr 2020 13:13

Do I have 'MUG' tatooed across my forehead?

i once let my neighbours borrow my car for two years because I was not using it and they were a bit strapped and he needed to get to his bit of say no more work.I didn't mind that but when the double glazing men were in my bathroom, she was very reluctant to let me us e her outside lavatory and was very resistant to letting me finish off my washing in her machine when mine broke down.

There was a time when it snowed and we were ringing round anybody who we thought might not feel confident or able to go out. The had a 4x4 but were elderly so we asked them. He had already been out and got theirs!

She is alone now and has very poor eyesight, as does her son who usually takes her shopping with his partner. She has been worried about her key meter and has no cash so I asked the lady who did my shopping if she could top up the key and I would pay and collect the money from my money later, I m not worried about that.

Ranh her to tell her the key was back on her doorstep and she told me she had an Asda delivery coming that her son had ordered. Sorry, but I would have asked her if she needed anything if I was able to get a delivery.

I am ranting aren't I? Stir crazy!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Apr 2020 13:17

Aren't we all Sharron. Welcome to the mug's club :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Apr 2020 13:22

We still won't stop though will we?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Apr 2020 13:37

Probably not although I have with one round here as she well and truly narked me :-|.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Apr 2020 13:42

The woman who does my shopping didn't get my swede or my spring onions! Of course I complained and I hope she knows I was joking!

I am just sooooo grateful to her.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Apr 2020 13:42

The woman who does my shopping didn't get my swede or my spring onions! Of course I complained and I hope she knows I was joking!

I am just sooooo grateful to her.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Apr 2020 13:43

:-D :-D :-D. I am sure she knows Sharron

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Apr 2020 16:16

My neighbours go out in their car every day.
They've also been out just to get 'garden' stuff (not sure I'd call an area with breezeblock walls, astroturf and gravel a garden- but each to his own)

Not once have they asked if I needed anything - and yesterday Betty cat got on the dividing fence (now, my garden is at least 6ft higher than theirs, and the fence - also 6ft high - sits on a wall. Their breeze block 'growing' are is against this wall)
Anyway, Betty, aged 14, got on this fence, so they put their snappy dog on their 'growing area' and encouraged it to snarl and bark at Betty. :-| :-| :-|

They were unaware I was the other side.
Now they REALLY know what I think of them :-D

I know exactly what they're doing, as they speak as though they're well over 6ft from each other! (phone calls in the garden are also conducted at 98 decibels)
So today, I waited until they'd made a cup of tea, and were sat in the garden before I decided to give the grass it's first cut :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Apr 2020 16:38

Mine, at The Towers, as in We've Baw Towers, put their dustbins against their side wall right in front of my kitchen window so that I could look at them.

I put my dustbins right next to the fence next to where they have a table and like to sit, so that they could smell them!

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Apr 2020 16:38

Mine, at The Towers, as in We've Baw Towers, put their dustbins against their side wall right in front of my kitchen window so that I could look at them.

I put my dustbins right next to the fence next to where they have a table and like to sit, so that they could smell them!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Apr 2020 16:57

I've noticed that someone nearby has recently got some chickens (how sensible!)
I'm now waiting for them next door to moan about them :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 7 Apr 2020 16:58

Sharron: Your reward will be great in the afterlife - if you live that long. ;-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 7 Apr 2020 17:06

Oh boy seems many of us have interesting neighbours!!

In the past I've had the bins left with flies all over the place right next to my kids bedroom window; dogs tied up so they come over onto mine to pee; noise big time; driving all over my grass because they can't tell the difference between green and black.....and the list goes on...I moved!

I'm just back from delivering some groceries to 2 senior sisters as they didn't get milk in their delivery order....that's what you do you get what you can for them doesn't make me special! Sharron it must make your blood boil some people are so self-centred.

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Apr 2020 18:00

I asked a neighbour three weeks ago if they wanted anything let me know as I got orders on line she can't use Data .anyway Thanked me for the last over a week they are out everyday by car .asked us not once live & learn Sharron

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Apr 2020 18:24

My granddaughter has problems and been diagnosed with some food intolerances

She had had to adjust what she eats and have glutton free

She has been in isolation for two weeks as was skiing In Spain when It all kicked off

Was a job getting home and she and her chap made their way to Toulouse and got a flight home .
The area they were in didn't have coronavirus but she is self isolating anyway and working from home
She works in banking in London usually

Anyway I have priority shopping as an online shopper and have added a few items with my shop .she was really struggling to eat

Will be delivered sat and she will collect later

I will put in the porch for her to pick up so we don’t actually make physical contact

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Apr 2020 18:26

Herr in the Tower is very important as are the three grown up daughters.

If she is not there, he will ring our bin in when he brings his.