General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Babies born in Willersley Castle, Derbyshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heidi

Heidi Report 9 Jun 2020 13:39

Hi, I am trying to locate people who were born in Willersley castle in the second world war - Princes and Princesses of Willersley! I am exploring the heritage of Willersley Castle as part of a creative arts project and focussing on the London mothers who were sent up from North London to give birth in the castle which was run by the Salvation Army and part of their Mothers Hospital.
I am especially interested in any stories about the mothers such as how they found the families they stayed with in Wirksworth and the journey up in a bus. photos and copies of letters or postcards would also be great.