General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well that was entertaining.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Jun 2020 16:17

But not for me and hubby, we went for a short walk and was nattering I fell over and as he tried to get me up he ended up on the deck too, neither of us were hurt but couldn’t get up for laughing, someone came along to make sure we are ok, we are but it must have looked hilarious from the outside.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Jun 2020 17:02

too much falling over water?

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Jun 2020 17:44

Umm sadly not Bobtanian.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Jun 2020 19:18

Aw ZZzzzz if that had been me, I would have been laughing too and probably someone would have thought maybe I had too many pimms...lol

Glad that you are both ok and not hurt though

Florence in the hebrides

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Jun 2020 20:10

The first thing that you do is look to see if anyone has seen you fall over, luckily we only had scratches and were embarrassed, nice that someone checked to make sure nothing broken and all at safe distance.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Jun 2020 00:50

ZZzzz ................

Last Christmas we were staying in a hotel the night before catching the train home from time spent with our daughter.

Daughter and I were in the elevator going up to the room when my knee gave way. I couldn't stop myself falling and she couldn't catch me, so I ended up on the floor. She quickly hit the ground floor button and we went all the way down, as she tried to help me up.

The doors opened on the ground floor ....... all marble and slippy. We couldn't get me up, so she told me to bump myself out of the elevator on my bum, and get to one side, so we could release the elevator.

Then she went off to get help.

So I'm sitting there, leaning against the wall, legs rather splayed out, when a couple got off the second elevator, they sort of looked at me, gave me a bit of space, then asked if I was OK and needed help.

I think they thought i might be drunk ........ at 10 am in the morning!!

it ended up with about 4 hotel staff, plus son-i-l, grandson and my OH standing around trying to decide how to get me up, the major problem being the slippy floor.

Finally I asked them to push over a low bench that was against another wall, I managed to get myself onto my knees, edged over to the bench, and pulled myself up.

No harm done ...... but embarrassing!

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 16 Jun 2020 11:07

SylviainCanada.

That was embarrassing but at least you were among mostly strangers and like us it is mostly pride that got hurt. Did you have a laugh about it later?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Jun 2020 17:39

Yes ............. but only after I'd gasped in horror when daughter said she and s-i-l thought I was having a stroke!

None of the symptoms!

When we checked out of the hotel an hour later, it seemed as if most of the staff had heard about it, as several were most solicitous!