General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anniversary of NHS. ..5pm

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Jul 2020 14:24

There doesn't seem to have been much said lately about the proposed clapping for NHS at 5pm this evening.... or have I missed that news?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53295776

We will go out as we have much to say Thank you for.
Recently a family member needed emergency care and a hospital stay and of course we couldn't visit. It was reassuring to know that even if we couldn't be there, they were receiving wonderful care and this support was still given, while they complete their recovery at home.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jul 2020 14:54

I did see it on facebook and we will go out but I think as the Thursday clap has finished it may well have lost impact.

Hilary

Hilary Report 5 Jul 2020 16:17

We will go out, not sure if we are to light a candle & do a minutes silence or do the clap, as we can hear town clock we will do minutes silence then clap. :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jul 2020 16:33

I can't see any mention of 2 minutes silence there in that link. Last night it was light a candle for those who have lost their lives I think.

kandj

kandj Report 5 Jul 2020 18:38

I went to the top of the drive gates to clap but only a couple at the top of the road came out as well. A shame when so many of us rely on the NHS service.

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Jul 2020 19:25

No body out in our Avenue at 5pm I lit a candle last night remembering all who have & are still working very hard to help people NHS Staff through the whole spectrum they are al doing a fantastic job we are very grateful Thank you <3 Barbara