General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

That's better.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jul 2020 14:40

I've had a haircut!

It cost a bit more than usual but not a ridiculous amount and it does eel good,

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 7 Jul 2020 14:44

Having mine cut tomorrow.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 7 Jul 2020 16:26

I had my hair cut yesterday, first time since early February and I was beginning to get fed up of tying my hair back. I now feel normal again . Same price as usual even though she had to cut a lot more off.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jul 2020 16:52

Having mine cut tomorrow. the price has gone up for both of us but she did warn us when she phoned us. Only to be expected when they have lost so much money. And now can't take so many clients.

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Jul 2020 22:16

Can't have mine done till 30th July hairdresser rang up Saturday so I will need to wait a bit longer :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 8 Jul 2020 06:43

Hair today - gone tomorrow.

Looking forward to my Homer Simpson style cut.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2020 09:32

Can’t get mine done till 6th aug

Am sporting the beaver look at the moment

Did take the scissors to it about 7 weeks ago but it’s gone berswerk again !

My stylist has opened her own salon and only started yesterday so she had a long waiting list

Went on Sunday for a dye allergy test as she has to comply with regulations and old records can’t be carried over from the old place where she was manageress

She has taken all the stylists and manicurist with her so all the girls have employment

The manicurist though can’t start work yet as they haven’t been given the go ahead

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jul 2020 13:06

such a relief to have it cut. Feel quite light headed now. :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2020 13:22

mine needs its dye

the white roots are now nearly half my head of hair

thankfully i have a natural wave so its sort of in its style only longer and two toned

some folks have said why not let it go completely white now but its not me and doesn't suit because i have very pale skin

its very aging too . Yes i know i am an old biddy but i dont have to look it ! ;-) :-D