General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A very sophisticated scam read - hoax!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jul 2020 18:18

From Facebook Just got this messsge from my daughter who is a policewoman “Straight from the City of London Police fraud team - Extremely sophisticated scam going about this week, involving all banks. You get a message saying a payment hasn’t been taken e.g O2, Vodafone, 3, Giff Gaff or EE and to click here. As soon as you touch it your money is gone. They already have all your details and it’s the most advance scam the bank has ever seen. Pass this on to everyone please. This is straight from work this morning - the banks are being inundated with calls - thousands flying out of peoples accounts! Spread the word to your family and friends!”
Be vigilant !!!!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jul 2020 21:28

It's at times like this, that I'm glad I don't do online banking.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 8 Jul 2020 09:32

Reported as a hoax (hopefully)

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2020/03/31/instant-bank-fraud-warning-spread-on-whatsapp-is-a-hoax/

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jul 2020 11:05

Oh good is it really I didn't think to check it did look genuine.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jul 2020 11:08

Reading the link yes I am sure it is a hoax so please don't spread it people. I will leave this up until I think everyone has read it. thankfully I didn't share it on FB.