General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do they do it.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Jul 2020 15:11

When I was working, the door would sometimes e answered y a lady who was dusting off one or two specks of flour from her hands ut was otherwise immaculate and she would have just emerged from a kitchen full of baking.

So, how come I only have to make a sandwich and I look like I have done fifteen rounds with the Pilsbury dough boy?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Jul 2020 16:07

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Umm - you're just mucky?

or

You put your soul into making that sandwich! :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Jul 2020 16:30

Sharron

I ask the same question at Christmas time, when television shows 'the lady of the house' decked out in all her finery / jewels and maybe a floating draped scarf.

Who chops the veg, stirs the gravy or juggles for room on the oven shelves dressed like that?

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Jul 2020 18:07

You haven't cooked unless you're wearing some of it on you somewhere! :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Jul 2020 18:09

I would, sometimes, like to miss a bit!

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Jul 2020 18:15

Saves them asking what's for dinner just look at you....

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Jul 2020 18:39

:-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Jul 2020 21:09

Could have bigger portions if I wasn't wearing it.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 9 Jul 2020 21:10

what puzzles me, is on these chef competitions are ALL the meals made at the same time?,cos those judges must be stuffed full, surely?..

or is it edited to look like that?

Allan

Allan Report 9 Jul 2020 22:27

I wont go into the gory details but when I was doing meat inspection as part of my job, I ended up looking as though I worked in an abattoir.

Yes, I know that I had been, but usually ended up covered in blood and guts. :-(

I knew of other Inspectors who could be on their way to a wedding, decked out in a nice three piece suit, complete with white shirt, do a few hours meat inspection and then carry on to the wedding with nary a spot of blood on them.

B******S!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Jul 2020 22:54

Lol Bobtanian I wouldn’t say they were meals just arty farty patterns on plates.

Caroline

Caroline Report 10 Jul 2020 14:50

Allan maybe you were just more hands-on while they look from afar....