General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

You can see where I have been!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Jul 2020 18:39

When I initially lost the plot, I closed right down and just could not cope with anything. Poor old OH was brought up in as much squalor as I was and he has even less idea than I do about domesticals.

It has taken a very long time to get back to some sort of normality and I can't pretend that I am nearly there yet but I am getting back to it. I do what I can, when I can, stop before I panic and there is a lot to sort out.

I am , however, delighted to announce that you can see where I have been and I am still as anal as ever. The cupboard under the stairs took me ten months but now it is immaculate The desk in the corner is tidy and ordered, as is the armchair beside it that is under the window. Turn round a bit further and the book shelf is a joy to behold but please, I beg of you, don't look at the sofa in front of it!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Jul 2020 18:47

It is at it is

You can only do what is comfy for you

Since losing my hubby I feel I lost my mojo! It’s why be bothered ,do it tomorrow cos only you see it

Sometimes I get a burst of lazy cow you have to get up and go and I go with it but it doesn’t last long

I do the barest minimum like feeding the animals and feeding the washing machine and changing the bed and hoovering but it’s spasmodic and I then lose it again

Lockdown hasn’t helped :-(

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Jul 2020 19:28

Well done!
I had a major clear up, painting session and clearance of cobwebs in February/March.
The other day, I spotted cobwebs and muttered 'what's the point of housework' - then realised the major spring clean was 4 months ago! :-0

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 14 Jul 2020 19:32

Sharron pleased to hear that you are 'coming back' and feel like you are achieving more of what you want to do. As Shirley says doing what you are comfy with is the way to go.

Shirley I think being lockdown has been awful for people alone but hopefully now it has been relaxed somewhat it will begin to get better.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 15 Jul 2020 10:07

Shirley it must be awful for you.My heart goes out to you
Sharon, I'm pleased you are 'coming back'.

Lockdown hasnt been too hard for us except not being able to cuddle family especially our beautiful twin grandaughters and of course the fear of catching this awful virus.

We have been shielding since early march because of OH illnesses.

Just as I thought things were going to get a bit easier I now feel awful.Really down and feel as though I am losing the plot. But WHY. There are a whole lot of people out there a lot worse off than us.I sort of feel ashamed to feel this way.

Hopefully it wont last.

Stay safe all you lovely people. <3 <3 <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Jul 2020 12:30

It is not about all those other people out there and how bad they have it. That is their lookout and not yours so stop worrying about them.

You just go with your down patch, if it makes you close down then you close down. I didn't start to get better until I stopped thinking about how boad it was for everybody else and started to do what I needed.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 15 Jul 2020 12:34

Thank you Sharron. xx