General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Surely this is not right.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Jul 2020 15:14

A neighbour was standing in quite a long line for the till in a shop when a ladt pushes to the front to be served first because she was NHS.

Of course, nobody minds this and anybody with NHS ID should get priority, but this woman was wearing scrubs.Surely scrubs are for inside the hospital only and can carry who knows what on them.

The neighbour also works in a hospital and she was lining up with everybody else and wearing her ordinary clothes because, in her hospital, they are not allowed to wear their uniforms outside.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Jul 2020 15:38

I thought all NHS were not supposed to wear their scrubs outside, but I actually thought that was because of taking infection in to the hospital so maybe going home it is OK. I am not saying I agree, I would hate to think what infection she carried.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Jul 2020 17:28

When I worked in a hospital 19 years ago we were not allowed out of the hospital with our theatre clothes on even to go out for a ciggie in the garden.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Jul 2020 10:12

Was she actually wearing scrubs, or a uniform - which can look similar?
NHS workers who visit people in their homes - like health workers who check up on new born babies - are wearing their uniform as they drive around all day.
However, they put on full protective gear over their uniform before entering a house, and remove it as soon as they leave, putting on fresh protective gear before entering the next house.
So no 'danger' to anyone else! :-D