General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parish records !

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol Anne

Carol Anne Report 1 Sep 2020 16:17

Why is it I cannot view parish records that have been in my Keepsake since I started on Genes reunited ? Before saying I need to pay for parish records these are paid for and have been in my folders for a long time so why should I have to pay again? Genes reunited and I are no longer friends and I'm very upset about this, I now regret renewing my account.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Sep 2020 16:54

Think they have a limited time span to be kept before you have to renew

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 2 Sep 2020 09:51

Ancestry are equally annoying - I dropped my sub down from Worldwide last year to the ordinary one and found I couldn't access items stored in my shoebox that weren't from the UK.
I phoned up to ask why as I had obviously paid for them originally and was told I hadn't 'bought ' them, just the right to view them with the correct membership. Of course I should have printed them at the time but was having printer problems so hadn't done that.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 2 Sep 2020 13:19

Sadly, you can only view Keepsafe items while you are currently subscribed to the package that contains the records (eg. Platinum / Parish). This is a lesson many of us learned the hard way.

The trick is to download them to your computer while you're subscribed. You could also then upload them to your Keepsafe again if you want to.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 2 Sep 2020 14:54

FarmilySearch (The Mormons) has most of them anyway - free.

https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Records_of_The_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter-day_Saints

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 2 Sep 2020 16:38

I now take a screenshot of the relevant information from images on Ancestry and save it as I learnt my lesson the hard way a few years back. :-(

I do the same for the entry of births from GRO as it gives the maiden name of mother on the earlier entries and is just one more tiny piece of evidence ;-)